Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Bit of a free hit tonight, fully understand the line up. People reacting as though Lenglet and Zaniola are Ali Dia! 

I'd rather have everyone 100% for the Brentford game, a far more winnable and vital game. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, okay Martinez is ill.

If he was well enough an hour ago to be selected, you'd hope it's nothing too bad.

Probably saw the team sheet threw up 

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

What’s happened to Martinez? He’s in on the bbc. If he’s ill he’s bottled it as far as I’m concerned.

Thanks for the belly laugh. 

10/10

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think the goal difference is likely to be a differentiator. If Chelsea win tomorrow, it's hard to see United catching us on points.

I meant for 4th. Spurs will now have a much better GD than us after this.

Emery obviously hasn’t learned, we’ve been twatted by Newcastle, Liverpool and Tottenham already this season, we don’t need another hammering. 

I was going to watch but hardly seeing what point there is now. You don’t play a shite team against these unless you want to get smashed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Martinez, Pau, Mings, Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins (that is 8 players) would all be part of our best 11 for a lot of us and none of them start tonight either through injury, illness, suspension or being rested.  

I'd say a result tonight, even a draw, would be up there with our best results in a long time given who we have out.

spacer.png

I thought Grealish was injured?

Doku, Foden, Grealish and Alverez is a very clever front four - they'll move around a lot - I think our CB's would prefer someone a bit more predictable, even if it was a giant Viking with a baby's head.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

Emery obviously hasn’t learned, we’ve been twatted by Newcastle, Liverpool and Tottenham already this season, we don’t need another hammering. 

I was going to watch but hardly seeing what point there is now. You don’t play a shite team against these unless you want to get smashed.

This is absurd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

What???

If he’s ill you don’t announce he’s playing then say he’s ill. If he’s ill he’s been ill all day surely, not just randomly got ill at last minute. Just a totally weird thing to do.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I meant for 4th. Spurs will now have a much better GD than us after this.

With a bit of luck, in ten days time the prize for 4th and 5th will be exactly the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Keep this to 3-0 and will be a good evening.

It'll be about 5-0 or 6-0 though with the shambles we've put out 

Can’t see us beating them 5 or 6, I’d be happy with a 2-0 win….I think you need to lower your expectations.  Good to see you positive

• Like 2
  • Haha 2