Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

And this game v spurs is the playoff game x 10. 

Let me ask you and everyone else on this thread a very simple question. You can either beat spurs to pretty much get the box seat for 4th or beat Ajax to progress into the next round - which one do you choose? 

Beating Ajax and progressing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

For the record, they didn't invent total football and there is no mystery as to why Netherlands haven't won a World Cup. They haven't won one because they haven't won a final.

What's with the attitude? Calm down you paper hat. They were playing total football in the 74 and 78 World Cup. Take your arrogance somewhere else. 

The fact is, Ajax have always played great football and have produced a multitude of World class players. In the same way, the Netherlands have produced some wonderful teams, who undoubtedly had the talent to reach the pinnacle of World football, but, always fell short at the final hurdle. I'm just giving credit where it's due. No need for your churlish tone.

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

me ask you and everyone else on this thread a very simple question. You can either beat spurs to pretty much get the box seat for 4th or beat Ajax to progress into the next round - which one do you choose? 

I'll have both, please!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm just giving credit where it's due.

I just found it strange you gave a random history lesson of stuff everyone knows about one of the most famous clubs in the world.

Just now, R.Bear said:

I just found it strange you gave a random history lesson of stuff everyone knows about one of the most famous clubs in the world.

Nice to know you speak for "everyone," now that's strange, and slightly presumptuous. Not that surprising though. 

25 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

And this game v spurs is the playoff game x 10. 

Let me ask you and everyone else on this thread a very simple question. You can either beat spurs to pretty much get the box seat for 4th or beat Ajax to progress into the next round - which one do you choose? 

And please no childish stuff like we can win every game playing basically the same team in all three games within a week. 

Ideally we can have both, but if beating Spurs meant getting in the top 4 I'd rather that. It's really tough though as this is our only chance of a trophy. 

Would have been much more exciting getting Ajax in the semis or final. If Unai goes strong in both games have they got enough to get a positive result in Amsterdam and beat Spurs (or at least draw)? I've no idea, but if Konsa and Carlos are back by then at least we can rotate a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's one game, in a 38 game season. We could easily lose and then win a week later while they lose. You know you're being silly. 

Yes, I do think that the playoff final we won was more important, and I think the reasons for that are extremely obvious, but in case you're struggling to grasp it, maybe have a look at where Derby are today, and reflect on the fact our finances were dire just like theirs. 

And then look at where spurs, Arsenals, man utd, Chelsea’s  finances are today versus ours and maybe you’ll  be able to process how big champions league qualification is. 

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Can’t wait to see your positive posts if we draw or lose to spurs. 

Being disappointed to lose to spurs is fine

Does it mean we're not getting CL? No

The season doesn't end after 28 games 

You're trolling at this point 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Being disappointed to lose to spurs is fine

Does it mean we're not getting CL? No

The season doesn't end after 28 games 

You're trolling at this point 

I’m not. If spurs beat us at VP with ten games to go and are clear in the race for fourth it would be a brave man (or an idiot) that would think that’s ok. 

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Do you really think we can play the same 11 players every single game for the rest of the season and only have Diaby and digne currently as the only reliable rotation options and win both the conference and finish top 4. Some people need to have a serious reality check. 

Glass half empty guy then eh. We’re playing Ajax. f****g brilliant. The reality is…..we’re back. Enjoy it, revel in it, celebrate it. That’s the reality of it.😊😊😊.

5 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

And then look at where spurs, Arsenals, man utd, Chelsea’s  finances are today versus ours and maybe you’ll  be able to process how big champions league qualification is. 

How are Leicester doing? And Everton, who got to the qualifying round but lost. 

Before you even get to the fact that that is one game with 9 more after it and 2 before it , the qualification for the qualifying round is big, but it isn't as existence defining as winning that playoff was. We could have been fined, had points deducted and lost our best player if we hadn't gone up then. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The Champions League is not as big deal as you think. It’s the Premier League’s global reach that is important and unfortunately we missed the boat when the Premier League exploded in popularity. 

Us finishing 4th this season, after the ship has long sailed, is not going to make anywhere near as much difference as you are hoping and expecting it to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’m not. If spurs beat us at VP with ten games to go and are clear in the race for fourth it would be a brave man (or an idiot) that would think that’s ok. 

Treating it like we can only possibly win one of the two things is ridiculous. As pointed out to you previously, we've beaten Man City and Arsenal in the space of four days this season. Ajax and Spurs are both levels below them, and we can absolutely do the same again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Both will be prioritised. It’s the domestic cups that were expendable.

We played our best 11 in both legs of the Chelsea match. The FA Cup was not expendable, we just lost unfortunately.