Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

For me it was Martinez at fault but I’ll get a better look on Match of the day shortly 

5 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Suspect Lenglet should have dealt with it

It would have been nice if Cash could have stopped the cross. In another universe Lenglet would have cleared, but I suspect he has put off by Emi coming out strongly.  I bet if Emi does not come out Lenglet clears, and if he doesn't Emi saves the shot in his sleep. Fulham got back into the game with that goal against the run of play goal.

Good game, Villa I thought deserved the win. Why does Ramsey not get an assist on the first goal? His tenaciousness that made the goal. Pau return to the team was excellent. Tielemans' assist was sublime. Somebody has sprinkled fairy dust on Bailey's feet. I thought everybody had a solid game.

The referee (I thought) was inconsistent and lost control, by and large Villa managed keep their cool.

Great result considering some baffling rulings during the game.

3 things I learned:

• Cash is not as bad as he's made out on here. Excellent today
  • VAR sucks the joy out of football and has negligible benefit in return. Get rid
  • Ollie Watkins is a special, special talent.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Not at this stage. The points we've lost there can be regained in the many games remaining at those points. 

If/when we get shafted in the last 3 or 4 games and let Spurs/Man Utd ahead of us then we'll struggle to pull it back. VAR arguably hasnt cost anyone a title/European qualification in a defining end of season game yet... sods law says we'll be the ones irrevocably shafted by it to benefit of at least one of The Amazing Big Six

To be fair it could cost both us and Liverpool given spurs got a win against Liverpool due to a Liverpool goal being given offside due to VAR being pathetic. If we miss out on top 4 by a point or Liverpool miss out on the title by a point then it’s made a huge difference and that’s without the slightly subjective but fairly clear to most errors 

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's was especially a great win, cause apparently that one commentator was saying Fulham were the better team from minute one. 😂

so the incompetence is drifting from the whistle to the Mic.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Does anyone have the clip of the Watkins penalty shout?

Scotland Yard...are checking it.

More like GBH.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

I think we had a good game and made it harder for ourselves by letting that goal in. Lenglet, who had a good game apart from that, must get the ball instead of trying to cover it. But in the end I don't think they threatened us that much. 

Torres my motm. How good it felt to have him back.

Interesting thing is that on swedish forums we're quite agreeing on that it wasn't a penalty. No more than 2 or 3 of their situations in our pen area. It was shoulder to shoulder and that's allowed. Practically pretty much the same way as when JJ won the ball for our 1st goal, although their player got in harder in his tackle. 

Anyhow, a good and important win. Now we need to beat nottingham next week to really re-establish ourselves in the 4th place.

Oh, and that VAR check of Moreno's goal was more than dodgy.

11 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I think we had a good game and made it harder for ourselves by letting that goal in. Lenglet, who had a good game apart from that, must get the ball instead of trying to cover it. But in the end I don't think they threatened us that much. 

Torres my motm. How good it felt to have him back.

Interesting thing is that on swedish forums we're quite agreeing on that it wasn't a penalty. No more than 2 or 3 of their situations in our pen area. It was shoulder to shoulder and that's allowed. Practically pretty much the same way as when JJ won the ball for our 1st goal, although their player got in harder in his tackle. 

Anyhow, a good and important win. Now we need to beat nottingham next week to really re-establish ourselves in the 4th place.

Looked to me like Ollie's leg was kicked rather than it just being a shoulder to shoulder.

14 hours ago, tinker said:

At times we look unplayable other times disorganised.

The officials were bad, the offside line was drawn from Bailey, who never had any involvement and a blatant penalty was ignored "because var wanted to support a novice ref who had missed it" 

Who is this quoting?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Who is this quoting?

The commentators on one of the feeds  yesterday. A seasoned old pro can’t remember his name.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The commentators on one of the feeds  yesterday. A seasoned old pro can’t remember his name.

Efan Ekuko apparently 

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Could break or match the record of most PL goals in a season for us, should go on to break Gabby’s record as our highest PL goal scorer…

Will he be recognised as the best Villa striker of the PL era? I think so… eventually…

He is underestimated and underrated, particularly by many of our fans…

We see his warts n all.....if Ollie had of missed the ones Haaland missed, he would have been castigated.

Ollie is an allround, good, good player......His character is exemplary, his injury record is impressive, he is a consistent goal scorer over seasons, He can head the ball, uses left and right, and has pace.

Ollie is a diamond.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pelle said:

It seems they gave Bailey as Offside , … interestingly the complete opposite of Newcastles goal against us at St James park where the offside player was deemed not to be impacting the game 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

Ah, so a nobody said something stupid.

And got paid to do it 🤣 good work if you can get it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

MOTD gets worse, They probably spent  more time talking about what's on MOTD2 on Sunday than they did discussing our game 

The crooked VAR penalty and offside not even mentioned let alone discussed. 

words removed of champions 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It seems they gave Bailey as Offside , … interestingly the complete opposite of Newcastles goal against us at St James park where the offside player was deemed not to be impacting the game 

Yeah, it seems that way and that is just ridiculous. And if so also wrong. He's got nothing to do with anything in that situation. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Looked to me like Ollie's leg was kicked rather than it just being a shoulder to shoulder.

The tackla came first and then when Ollie's off balance the defender gets his leg, but IMO that's nothing to go for. And look, it's not that I mean that a penalty would've been totally wrong, it's not a clear cut situation, but I think the ref got it right in the end. I think it would've been a harsh penalty. 

29 minutes ago, Pelle said:

The tackla came first and then when Ollie's off balance the defender gets his leg, but IMO that's nothing to go for. And look, it's not that I mean that a penalty would've been totally wrong, it's not a clear cut situation, but I think the ref got it right in the end. I think it would've been a harsh penalty. 

Really?