Raoul Bellanova (RB) £20m - Salary *£80K*
Mario Hermoso (LB/CB) Free - Salary *£105k*

Nico Williams (LM/AM) £43m - Salary *£175k*  
Ross Barkley (CM) £2m - Salary *£40k*
Matheus Nunes (CM) £27m - Salary *£95k*  

Good Window ?? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Quite accurate and i didnt realize pedro porro was once at City 🤔 yeah you got to be performing every time you play if your part of a Pep team so you gotta be really hot on it, so you wouldn’t take the risk on Nunes ? 
Looks like Barkley will arrive and Carlos Soler who you could consider maybe a big name, not too keen on him but not against it either, but if im thinking about creating that monster force in the middle of the pitch i want some real grit/steel and top footballing wizardry that will match pretty much anyone that we come up against.

Nunes on a free, sure, 50 quid or whatever to snatch him from City? Hell no.

Soler is not a guy I would go after at all from what I saw in PSG, but I assume he is solely depth-reinforcement. Which is OK.

Raoul Bellanova what do you make of him, he's 24

Haven't seen him, really, I can't comment. Sorry.

Mcginn has that 9/10 and Luiz can lack these qualities maybe too often.  we need a slzobozlai type in there to boss those areas. We dont need to sell Luiz we someone to challenge him. 

I agree there isn't a NEED to sell Luiz at all, but of all of Villa's players, he is perhaps the one with the best "most repleaceable/better return" relation. Others either can't be replaced at all or wouldn't get near the same return.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Lets say we complete the below

Good Window ?? 

Williams unfortunately won't happen imo as I expect he'll do well at the Euros and go to PSG or somewhere. Talking of Spain, Dani Olmo would be a dream signing for his €60m release clause but he plays more central and maybe don't need another left footer

Nunes I'd avoid like the plague. Didn't rate him that highly at wolves (he was good in moments but disappeared more often than not) and was shocked City bought him

The others are all decent additions but I do feel imo we need another experienced striker to cover Ollie

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Good Window ?? 

Don’t think Nico’s happening.

would prefer Conor Gallagher over Nunes as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

Good Window ?? 

No to Nunes.  Missing a DM.  So an unbalanced transfer window imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No to Nunes.  Missing a DM.  So an unbalanced transfer window imo.

Yep. A DM is absolutely essential imo. 

• Like 2

Are we assuming Barkley is cover for Luiz? If so I guess I’m ok with that. I’d have preferred another two central midfielders to come in too though, one more Luiz’s age to push him (Veerman) and another DM/CM (Wieffer/Varela/Fofana). 

If we’re interested in Xavi Simons then perhaps we plan to move Ramsey a bit more central and he’ll be Luiz’s cover/competition (or sold!).

It’s hard to know what Monchi/Emery have in mind so hard to second guess on incomings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

Good Window ?? 

Isn’t Bellanova a RM as opposed to a Rb/Rwb? Think Nedeljovic will be our attacking fullback and we’ll go for a more defensive RB option but as just stated it’s anyone’s guess is this will be true.

Hermoso yes, Barkley yes (although only as a better squad option - would still prefer a CM and DM), Nunes no, Williams no (he wants too much).

I think we need a striker, Luiz competition CM, DM and RB. Barkley I see more as a bandaid signing, quality one mind. The Soler rumours are interesting as he plays more RM than anything else, so perhaps McGinn/Tielemans competition?

If we got Simons in that would be a real game changer, even on loan. 

2 hours ago, eholm said:

Yep. A DM is absolutely essential imo. 

Spot on....I can't really understand the absence of such a player when these lists are drawn up.

I thought Sofyan Amrabat had a really good game in the Cup final...looks good on that form.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I know he was talked about last summer and main man @Jas10 loves this idea… as do I! How about it Monchi?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91obv4a51tt8qw597h04

As we all know, I’d love him here (dream/fantasy) and he’s world class but…

if we have a limited budget, it needs to be spent on a proper DM and fullback upgrades. Might need another CB too, a lot depends on sales of players we couldn’t rely on consistently. Be nice if they stay fit and injury free too..

Get that done and I would be relaxed about anything else, we have to sharpen up defensively most of all. We have the numbers in attack, if everyone’s fit and firing, but we concede too many cheap and sloppy goals. We must become harder to beat and avoid the occasional thrashing that we’ve seen. It’s been too easy to score against us.

There’s a lot of work to do on this squad imo for a CL campaign and a successful PL one at the same time.

Our limitations were exposed in ECL… we managed to drag ourselves over the line and did so well in the league overall but, cup competitions were kind of sacrificed.

• Like 1

would kalvin phillips on a season long loan be a good option if hes anywhere near fit - or we think hes a busted flush now ?

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

2 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

would kalvin phillips on a season long loan be a good option if hes anywhere near fit - or we think hes a busted flush now ?

No.  Westham couldn’t get shot of him quick enough 

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2024 at 13:03, RicRic said:

Dont attack me but present your points to prove otherwise BUT i dont have that much confidence in Monchi, lets bear in mind that 90% of the team that have got us to where we are now before he arrived, zaniolo and lenglet were questionable at the time of signing and certainly proved to be so once the season had concluded. I respect both players for trying and giving what they could to the team absolutely full credit for that and to be fair they were loans, even Rogers who is a good player of course far from the finished article wasnt perhaps someone I expected us to sign at the time, and yes we did make a top four finish and rogers did contribute to that but more importantly down to super emerys coaching/management. 

Rumours are not always true the Barkley one had my head spinning but if its a free and an extra player on low wages then it’s nowhere near as bad as first suspected so i can get on board, the other rumour is we may be signing a 33 yr old left back, im far from convinced and hope that is nothing but a rumour, we should not be signing anyone over 31 is my take.

Again unless confirmed officially i cant make judgment but if all is true, it just seems to have a pattern of Monchi all over it hes player search hasn’t given me much if any optimism and all in all it doesn’t seem like he wants or knows about the foreign high talent emerging market, its hard to explain in a way but im not hearing those names that certainly would make us a much stronger force.

@Daulmakan @burchy Boys your now in charge but please be mindful of FFP/PSR 😊

@TRO thoughts 

We just have to wait and see.....he has had conflicting views from the the spanish teams and Roma..... we don't always know the circumstances he had to work at Roma.

As you might guess my concern, is the avoidance of soft goals against.....so I am particularly interested in players that might help us with that.

something else a bit similar, troubles me......just as as one example, take Crystal Palace with all their fire power, but they still see a need for a Will Hughes, as most teams do....now if we was in for him, furore would erupt.

Now I am not suggesting, we should be in for Will Hughes....but that type of industrious, player who helps to stop opponents is sought by most teams....how long did it take to get Boub Kamara, the penny finally dropped.

I worry, how these type of players seem to be overlooked, by our fans, and a constant pursuit of offensive players seems the order of the day.

When we get to grips with Europe, particularly the Champions league, you have to be able to manage games by containment, for good periods, especially away from home.....you need players, who can silence the crowd, and keep the ball.

I still think in the main, we are a moments team, where our transition work, is what gets us the goals, and we try to rely on our goal scoring, to get us the win.....that may seem paradoxical.....but my point is , we have to respect the opposition more, and by that I mean, they will have players who can hurt us, we have to have players in our squad, who can negate that threat.

We only mustered 8 clean sheets, last season despite 20 wins, which was great.....We have one of the best Goalkeepers around, that is down on previous seasons, where we have finished lower.

As our ambitions rise, and competitions get more fierce, we won't always be able to secure the openness our forwards require to score, games will be more patient, thought building.

We simply have to be more tight at the back.....this observation, is aimed at all players in the team, not just the back 4, but that back 4 needs to be more resolute too.

ps we need some durable ,industrious types.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Are we assuming Barkley is cover for Luiz? If so I guess I’m ok with that. I’d have preferred another two central midfielders to come in too though, one more Luiz’s age to push him (Veerman) and another DM/CM (Wieffer/Varela/Fofana). 

If we’re interested in Xavi Simons then perhaps we plan to move Ramsey a bit more central and he’ll be Luiz’s cover/competition (or sold!).

It’s hard to know what Monchi/Emery have in mind so hard to second guess on incomings. 

I thought Tielemans was cover for Luiz?

We just can't have too many players for the same positions, and then leave other positions bare.

Posted (edited)

I think Denzel Dumfries, would be a massive coup.....a real profile lifter.

These type of players, are real strength.

not sure how strong the rumour is though.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I think drinking this early on a Sunday morning is a problem 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

He was anonymous in the games we played against them. 

Would rather sign that dude who scored all the goals against us in the semis 

Â