Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

more links to Acuna for 15 mil??? Guy is 32.... do we need more ageing left backs?

That won't happen. That's for sure. It was a point in time, Digne out and Acuna in was a way of lowering squad cost last summer. 

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

more links to Acuna for 15 mil??? Guy is 32.... do we need more ageing left backs?

100% we do not, especially for 15m 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Doesn't mean they will bid for him though 

He's older than Ederson. So think they'll move for a younger keeper not Martinez 

Edited by CVByrne

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That won't happen. That's for sure. It was a point in time, Digne out and Acuna in was a way of lowering squad cost last summer. 

Acuna is defo a recycled story nothing to read into it 

Douglas Luiz has been with us since we came up and has been a regular feature and part of our significant rise in the last 12 months especially why would firstly he want to move esp with champions league football on the horizon and then secondly the club will recognise that… JJ had a great 2nd half of the season in 22/23, since then had been plagued by injuries and has featured this season here and there but did not look like the ramsey we knew, Buendia and mings have not featured and we also dont know how much Emery will really value them, was never a fan of Buendia that much tbh and always wanted him to kick on and he did improve alot. Rogers has shown quality moments but there is alot on his all round game which needs plenty work if he is to be relied upon in such a huge season. 

30 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Douglas Luiz has been with us since we came up and has been a regular feature and part of our significant rise in the last 12 months especially why would firstly he want to move esp with champions league football on the horizon and then secondly the club will recognise that… JJ had a great 2nd half of the season in 22/23, since then had been plagued by injuries and has featured this season here and there but did not look like the ramsey we knew, Buendia and mings have not featured and we also dont know how much Emery will really value them, was never a fan of Buendia that much tbh and always wanted him to kick on and he did improve alot. Rogers has shown quality moments but there is alot on his all round game which needs plenty work if he is to be relied upon in such a huge season. 

I was thinking today, Buendia could possibly be allowed to go on loan even.

To leave room for someone like Baena?

Then again, who would actually take him fresh off an ACL? Depends on how he looks preseason as well I guess.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then again, who would actually take him fresh off an ACL? Depends on how he looks preseason as well I guess.

Who would take him with a perfect ACL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But wonder if there would be any valuable " swaps " with Cash available?

Matty is all theirs…

hands off Dougie though…

divs are in mad debt, sod em

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Good keeper is exceptional hard to find.  They are worth their weight in gold.  I don’t think I would sell him for that

No, definitely wouldn't sell him for £6.5m or so

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, RicRic said:

Joao Felix has had a pretty good season i say we try for him, would be major if we could lure him with his exceptional talent and Emery would get even more out of him, its players like that which give me hope when we are playing the big boys which ramsey/rogers wouldn’t and that is no disrespect to them but of course there are levels.

He sucked less than in Chelsea would perhaps be more accurate. He was still far away from his better Atletico seasons (and his breakout Benfica one). He couldn't even manage to get a starting spot in the PSG series against a 16-year old and over the hill veterans like Lewandowski and Gundogan.

He's another case of talent gone to waste because of a total lack of drive. Atletico couldn't make him work, and they keep shipping him despite having paid €126 million! (apparently he's the 4th most expensive player ever, yikes). Chelsea couldn't make him work, Barcelona couldn't make him work. You guys don't want to be the next sucker in line.

And even if somehow you could manage a cheap loan with no option, his wages would surely be astronomical.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps we’ll see what his plans are 

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why loan out Buendia if we got Baena? Zaniolo goes back from loan to his club who was cover for Buendia.  We need more depth in our squad, we aren’t going to let Buendia go anywhere.  I think Buendi, if he comes back from his ACL ok, will be used a lot by Emery.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

He sucked less than in Chelsea would perhaps be more accurate. He was still far away from his better Atletico seasons (and his breakout Benfica one). He couldn't even manage to get a starting spot in the PSG series against a 16-year old and over the hill veterans like Lewandowski and Gundogan.

He's another case of talent gone to waste because of a total lack of drive. Atletico couldn't make him work, and they keep shipping him despite having paid €126 million! (apparently he's the 4th most expensive player ever, yikes). Chelsea couldn't make him work, Barcelona couldn't make him work. You guys don't want to be the next sucker in line.

And even if somehow you could manage a cheap loan with no option, his wages would surely be astronomical.

Id probably have to agree with that, who would your alternate options be and im sure you understand why im not super confident rolling into the new season with the rogers/ramsey option 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just listening to Claret and Blue.

Noticed John Townley said Barcelona like Luiz 🤔

I know Barca are a " broke " rich club... But wonder if there would be any valuable " swaps " with Cash available?

I mean if they wanna give us Pedri or Gavi 😆

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Id probably have to agree with that, who would your alternate options be and im sure you understand why im not super confident rolling into the new season with the rogers/ramsey option 

I had some suggestions here: 

Nico Paz (left footed) could be a low risk very high reward option. While Kroos has announced his retirement, it's still a fact that Paz hasn't played a single minute for Madrid's first team in the entire 2024.

Remains to be seen if he can secure Madrid's permission for the Olympic games. If he does and plays well, he might end up on the radar of many other teams.

Â