Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

200 million??? Lololol

Put the pipe down mate.

Also, we ARE selling players this sunmer. As an absolute fact.

JJ and Luiz is 150 on their own, and yes we will sell players, it remains to be seen if we are selling any top players, I seriously doubt it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Balde is a great shout, Fermin Lopez looks good this season - Eric Garcia would be a good pick up also. Cheeky swop deal Moreno / Digne plus €£$ for Balde sounds like a good deal for us - maybe not them 😆… 

I thought he was the only one of the 3 that made sense too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

JJ and Luiz is 150 on their own, and yes we will sell players, it remains to be seen if we are selling any top players, I seriously doubt it.

Ramsey 35m and Luiz 75m is about where I see it given the new profit and sustainability rules. Clubs just don't have te money to spend on big transfers atm and fees will be slightly lower than you may think but let's see.

We will certainly be selling players. Whether or not they are top players is debatable but I can definitely see Luiz going. 

• Shocked 1

Had to laugh at the Sun Headline that popped up on my newsfeed! Thing they have been reading this thread 🤣

"Villa have to sell, biggest losses in Europe and there won't be many coming in blah blah... "

Yes we are probably going need to sell but it's not THAT bad. 

We have already seen our squad is small and we need additional players in key positions, its a guarantee we will have injuries and suspensions next season so we can't just sell everyone, as much as the media want us to fall on our backside. 

Let's just trust Unai. He got us into the CL. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Trevoh Chalobah is another possible deal from Chelsea that could make sense. Can play CB or RB afaik and he's been very good since he's come in for them.

Would be quite an ideal replacement if say Carlos is sold.

Not a bad shout at all, good player and has couple of seasons of CL experience. Good for the RB/RCB. He's also had plenty of games as CDM so he could operate in the CM who drops into RCB in posession (like Kamara has done often). What I like about him is how good he is in posession, very high and consistent passing stats. 

That Sun article is hilarious. We aren't signing Grealish, let alone for £50m which is conveniently the fee we would sell JJ for. Arsenal still interested in Dougie so we'd sell him too. Hilarious stuff. They never wrote this about Newcastle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That Sun article is hilarious. We aren't signing Grealish, let alone for £50m which is conveniently the fee we would sell JJ for. Arsenal still interested in Dougie so we'd sell him too. Hilarious stuff. They never wrote this about Newcastle.

Which is funny as Bruno G to Man City is well down the line 

15 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Which is funny as Bruno G to Man City is well down the line 

Him and Rodri in midfield? PL Champions 24/25 season. 

Might be something in the Chelsea rumours. They must need to sell having already spent £50m on a 16 year old. Surely the PL will see through their dodgy deals at some point. 

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Might be something in the Chelsea rumours. They must need to sell having already spent £50m on a 16 year old. Surely the PL will see through their dodgy deals at some point. 

If we sell each other players, is it dodgy?

even being open about the sales are for FFP reasons, is it still dodgy?

The only dodgy part would be how much money each club would get. But if the prices aren’t inflated, then it’s fine, right? 

but saying this, how much is Duran worth?!? His potential is wildly unpredictable. He could be a Bertie Traore, his whole career or world class. So £40m to £100m could arguably be the range 

It all feels dodgy and it is, but what rules would actually be broken? 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Yes they did. 

Newcastle accept they may have to sell one of their best players this summer as they strive to remain on the right side of the Premier League’s profit and sustainability regulations. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/11/newcastle-may-have-to-sell-key-player-in-summer-after-73m-loss

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Off topic a bit bus does Ian Maatsen have a mandatory clause to join Dortmund when his loan ends? 

Ok; so what did this say? 😁

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

When they qualified for the CL, you're quoting a different paper

This if from the Sun and a few months after they qualified for the Champions League. 

MAG-PIED 

Newcastle face having to sell huge star to comply with FFP rules after confirming £150million losses

There is no media conspiracy around Aston Villa. We came very close to breaching FFP and the media are reporting on it, as they did with Newcastle when their financial results were made public.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25331755/newcastle-sell-star-ffp-rules-losses/amp/

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

This if from the Sun and a few months after they qualified for the Champions League. 

There is no media conspiracy around Aston Villa. We came very close to breaching FFP and the media are reporting on it, as they did with Newcastle when their financial results were made public.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25331755/newcastle-sell-star-ffp-rules-losses/amp/

Not what I said. Again, you're pointing to a Jan 2024 article. I'm under no illusion about FFP. I was asking about the summer of 2023.

They spent a lot of time hyping them up, talk of £450m spending sprees. I never said there was a conspiracy, but there's a hierarchy of bias when it comes to teams in the league. Do you think they are going to publish stuff like this about us?

"HARRY KANE and Neymar are among the star-studded list of Newcastle's transfer targets, according to reports.

The Magpies are back in the Champions League for the first time in 20 years and can now look forward to an exciting summer of transfer recruitment."

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

I think it's worth pointing out that I think even last season people were saying we didn't have much money. 

And that we had zero money to spend in January too.

I would be shocked, shocked if we were unable to spend roughly 100 million again this year. As we have done for every season we have been promoted. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not what I said. Again, you're pointing to a Jan 2024 article. I'm under no illusion about FFP. I was asking about the summer of 2023.

They spent a lot of time hyping them up, talk of £450m spending sprees. I never said there was a conspiracy, but there's a hierarchy of bias when it comes to teams in the league. Do you think they are going to publish stuff like this about us?

"HARRY KANE and Neymar are among the star-studded list of Newcastle's transfer targets, according to reports.

The Magpies are back in the Champions League for the first time in 20 years and can now look forward to an exciting summer of transfer recruitment."

Obviously that was before their accounts were published and we all thought Saudi were going to turn them into the new Man City.

Now accounts have come out for both clubs in relation to FFP and the media is responding to that news instead. 

Â