Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, duke313 said:

I don't think we will, the likes of Ferran, Joao Felix and Pedro Gongalves was pre -Monchi wasn't it?  I'd imagine him and his scouts will have their own shortlist of players.

Not sure mate… regardless, it’s all very exciting isn’t it? Shopping at a new level now and a genuine chance at attracting some top players… wonderful.

We have so much appeal… and who wouldn’t want to work with Unai?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

Can see Luiz and Duran leaving which would cover FFP and CL upgrades.

I can see these are the guys to be the financial make ways if we really do need to make sales. 

would be sad to see Doug leave. he’s been with the club ever since we got promoted. He’s very much part of the  journey that got us here 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Barca need to sell players before June so wondering if we'll try pick anyone up from them. Ferran Torres maybe?

So do we 😂

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think Villa is going to be shopping in the Free transfer market this summer supplemented with some low priced “wantaways” and high potential youngsters 

maybe 1 or 2 marquee signings if we got/get the budget

Think you have covered every type of player there

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Players that we really should try to get rid of

Olsen, Chambers, Coutinho, Hause, Sanson (already done), Dendoncker

I doubt we will sign lenglet or zaniolo so that is more wages gone.

Players we should maybe consider selling if good fees come in

Moreno, Digne, Cash, Carlos, Duran

Everyone else I would like us to keep.

Priorities to sign 

Lenglet replacement (Hermoso seems perfect), new DM (backup to kamara or play along side him sometimes)

Outside of those positions I feel like it depends on who we sell. With Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers  able to play on the left side I don't think zaniolo replacement will be of high priority. 

I was just about to write a post that says pretty much what you’ve said here.

Outside of those mentioned, I want to keep this team together and watch them excel even further. 

• Like 2

So if we really have to sell a key player to comply with PSR/FFP

who would the be the sacrifice? 

JJ, Doug, Boubs, Ollie, Emi?!?! 

we maybe able to do in combination of Matty Cash, Duran, Carlos, Digne and Buyback youngsters. But that a lot of deals to do in a short time 

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm not sure Luiz will leave, not this summer anyway unless he's forced out.  He was celebrating as much as Emery was on the touchline when we equalised against Liverpool, he loves it here, and will want to play with us in CL for first time.

That and he has put so much effort in to get us into the CL. He'll want to experience it with Villa

Id sell Duran for right money.  Probably turn out to be world class but you can’t disrespect Villa like he has done.  

You think, City, Liverpool, Arsenal club/fans would put up with one of their players liking Chelsea tweets every chance they got.  No chance.

• Like 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Id sell Duran for right money.  Probably turn out to be world class but you can’t disrespect Villa like he has done.  

You think, City, Liverpool, Arsenal club/fans would put up with one of their players liking Chelsea tweets every chance they got.  No chance.

He hasn't disrespected villa christ. Until we sell him can we stop pretending to know what is happening behind the scenes off a couple of off hand comments that obviously weren't meant the way people are taking then. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm not sure Luiz will leave, not this summer anyway unless he's forced out.  He was celebrating as much as Emery was on the touchline when we equalised against Liverpool, he loves it here, and will want to play with us in CL for first time.

Agree. He's the first player Unai goes to to switch things up mid-match.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I must be the only one that’s not seeing this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Luiz is Unai’s main man and talks to him all the time, I can’t see Luiz leaving at all.

Not the main reason as they have separate careers but his missus being at the club also helps in terms of him wanting to stay

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Disrespect Villa? Load of rubbish

55 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He hasn't disrespected villa christ. Until we sell him can we stop pretending to know what is happening behind the scenes off a couple of off hand comments that obviously weren't meant the way people are taking then. 

Its twitter and chelsea likes.  Anyway best we take to Duran page

Â