Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Williams has played on both flanks for Atletico since coming through the ranks. He’s played a lot more on the left compared to the right in the last 18 months. He’s someone capable of both. Right side for Spain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

This is my issue! I think a left winger / left midfielder makes more sense to me.

Multiple people have corrected me in saying he is a right footed left winger ( And good with both feet )

Would make more sense then.

I thought he was strictly a right winger as well.

He may just be another malleable and versatile player as well.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Multiple people have corrected me in saying he is a right footed left winger ( And good with both feet )

Would make more sense then.

I thought he was strictly a right winger as well.

He may just be another malleable and versatile player as well.

Good with both feet JV. Plays mainly on the left side now. I think it’s the he same for as Bailey, Kulusevski and others it’s for the ability to cut in shoot on that side as Bailey has done so often this year. 
He’s an amazing striker of the ball too as in hits flush like Duran when he gets a hold of it and could definitely see him playing as a makeshift/hybrid striker.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

He’s an amazing striker of the ball too as in hits flush like Duran when he gets a hold of it and could definitely see him playing as a makeshift/hybrid striker.

This is a great quality... We definitely need more players who can let Rip and cause chaos through ricochet and deflections around the box etc.

Sometimes I feel we are almost like the Arsenal of old where we are trying to walk it into the goal 😂.

Sometimes you just have to let Rip, the more of them we have the better 

Duran, Tielemans, McGinn occasionally etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Neither City or Arsenal need him, Liverpool have options there but no idea what their new manager wants though.  So with our progression and the other established clubs all over the place at the moment, we probably would be quite a desirable club to join.  Doubt we are in for him although a fantastic player but too much for our budget.

I think Arsenal could use him for sure.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is a great quality... We definitely need more players who can let Rip and cause chaos through ricochet and deflections around the box etc.

Sometimes I feel we are almost like the Arsenal of old where we are trying to walk it into the goal 😂.

Sometimes you just have to let Rip, the more of them we have the better 

Duran, Tielemans, McGinn occasionally etc.

Totally agree brother. The amount of times I’ve been left screaming at the idiot box urging one of the boys to just ping it is in the countless numbers 😅

Tend to see a lot of it though. Liverpool and Newcastle are always almost walking it in. I miss the long range and thunderbolts. Serie A back in the 90’s was amazing for it. Loved watching Yeboah put his big hoof through one. 

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think Arsenal could use him for sure.

Nah they have Saka and Odegaard in those positions and back ups but I suppose they’ll want even deeper bench next season. They surely have to go big though mainly on a striker/goalscorer.  They score plenty of goals of course but I still think they miss that striker just like City did before they got Haaland.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any high quality DMs available for free or on low ISH fees due to contracts?

If we could say get Hermoso ( free ), A comparable DM ( Free ) we could probably then spend on someone like a Nico Williams and a Right Back ( Frimpong esque )? 

Unless we already have first team plans for Nedelskeljovic or whatever his name is.

Just using the transfermarket website, it seems there's not a lot of frees available tbh. Below are a few of the more prominent known names....

DM/CM  -  Guido Rodriguez (Betis), Ndidi (Leicester), Jorginho (Arsenal), De Roon (Atalanta), Papa Gueye (Marseille), Elneny (Arsenal), Coquelin (Villareal), Rabiot (Juve), Zielinkski (Napoli), Brownhill (Burnley),  Sergi Roberto (Barca) etc.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

File under BS but.... £200m please Chelsea

Yes, the man who waited 10 years fighting for a first team chance at Arsenal and then fours years at Villa playing his own way into his dream of Champions League football is suddenly going to jump ship to play for *checks notes* 7th-placed Chelsea. Good one.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes, the man who waited 10 years fighting for a first team chance at Arsenal and then fours years at Villa playing his own way into his dream of Champions League football is suddenly going to jump ship to play for *checks notes* 7th-placed Chelsea. Good one.

Agreed. Emi has made clear that he's a "true believer." And like you said, we will be in the CL, they won't. He's one I'm the least worried about right now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chelsea 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Nah they have Saka and Odegaard in those positions and back ups but I suppose they’ll want even deeper bench next season. They surely have to go big though mainly on a striker/goalscorer.  They score plenty of goals of course but I still think they miss that striker just like City did before they got Haaland.

They will want to become the best team in Europe that requires of this level of quality to challenge the existing player

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I understand my cock is 10 inches, doesn't make it true......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

"Sources believe the Villans may need to offload a key man this summer to comply with PSR – and the Argentina international could be offloaded as he enters the final 24 months of his contract."

Did they shorten Martinez's contract without telling us lol?

Edited by Therailboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Therailboy said:

"Sources believe the Villans may need to offload a key man this summer to comply with PSR – and the Argentina international could be offloaded as he enters the final 24 months of his contract."

Who is this guy?

21 minutes ago, Therailboy said:

Most factually correct Graeme Bailey slop

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can see Digne signing a contract extension, maybe for a smaller wage with a bigger signing fee. He's been indespensible this year and a big part of why we are where we are.

I can't.  Nothing against him but one of his best attributes is crossing, but we don't cross the ball

Â