Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If TIelemans is on 150k p/w we should try and sell him in the summer.

As they say there's no such a thing as "free lunch". Usually when player is on a "free" they can command a higher wage.

Free agent on £150k per week is essentially the same as signing someone for £20m on £50k per week (on 4 year contract). 

Would you take tielemans for £20m on £50k per week? I would I think 

Edited by Czarnikjak

27 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

As they say there's no such a thing as "free lunch". Usually when player is on a "free" they can command a higher wage.

Free agent on £150k per week is essentially the same as signing someone for £20m on £50k per week (on 4 year contract). 

Would you take tielemans for £20m on £50k per week? I would I think 

I wouldn't, rather us sign someone more mobile that doesn't look gassed after 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I wouldn't, rather us sign someone more mobile that doesn't look gassed after 20 minutes.

Fair enough, but £20m on £50k wages doesn't get you much nowadays as crazy as it may sound.

Frimpong defends the same way Moreno does so I'm not entirely he would solve some of our defensive problems from the fullback position.

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Fire sale at Forest come end of the season and they’ve got quite a bit of talent tbf. 

They certainly have at least a handful of good players IF they go down.

Personally I don't think they will

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Who you thinking? 

My old favourite Sangare
Danillo, Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi

Realistically other than Sangare, I would only want them on a real deal.

What I have been up to is looking at Midfielders not listed as DM's to see if I can pick out anyone who could be DM for us or even a hybrid like Luis is, the only player that stood out was Caqueret from Lyon who apparently...... is available for a fairly low price.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/maxence-caqueret/profil/spieler/395237
https://fbref.com/en/players/f81ef10d/scout/365_m1/Maxence-Caqueret-Scouting-Report

On my travels I also saw Gravenberch's name and thought, well you have done sod all since going to Liverpool. I wonder if they would do a deal on him.

• Thanks 1

Murillo would be worth looking at if Forest do have a "fire sale", but I guess FFP would prevent us buying anyone from them, even if they did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

There's still probably less guns in the whole of Nottingham than in a single block of the south side of Chicago!

less than a couple of houses

Might be too late and he's a bit too Moreno-ish in his defending but Antonee Robinson from Fulham has always impressed when I watched. Just absolute rapid pace and delivery on him. Most interceptions in the league, pace and athleticism. But the secret might be out already.

26 entering into his prime years - big contract and can be signed on for 4 years to get max value.

image.png.9d66906473e7be94ee16d4c1a263120a.png

Â