Tickets

Kingman

23 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

..dont think Chelsea have filled their allocation though

Really? Christ, I thought they still had a decent hardcore of away fans rather than the post-Abramovich Johnny-come-lately vlogger tourist glory hunter brigade that populates most of their home crowd now?

Justification for the club's pricing I think, well done to all involved.

There will be lots of empty spaces in hospitality which will bring the attendance down, but that's a natural part of FA cup replays; the short notice means that the sales teams don't have time to sell those lounges and the companies that buy the spaces in them don't have time to make the arrangements to invite guests - that's not something unique to Villa Park.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wedge said:

Really? Christ, I thought they still had a decent hardcore of away fans rather than the post-Abramovich Johnny-come-lately vlogger tourist glory hunter brigade that populates most of their home crowd now?

Their away support is decent (in numbers) without it being 6-7k strong for a midweek cup replay wherever as say Man. United, Arsenal and Liverpool can all fill out no problem.

Can remember times in the recent past when they wouldn't sell out the North lower if we played them at a random kick off time. This was when they were totally dominating in Mourinho's first spell.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Their away support is decent (in numbers) without it being 6-7k strong for a midweek cup replay wherever as say Man. United, Arsenal and Liverpool can all fill out no problem.

Can remember times in the recent past when they wouldn't sell out the North lower if we played them at a random kick off time. This was when they were totally dominating in Mourinho's first spell.

Heres something scary. I remember the carling cup game when Angel scored his best ever goal for us. The 2-1.  30k crowd. 

20 years and one month ago !!!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Heres something scary. I remember the carling cup game when Angel scored his best ever goal for us. The 2-1.  30k crowd. 

That was a great game, Angel hit it from about 30 yards and it just flew into the top corner. Think McCann scored a scrappy winner but it was a great win and you thought that was sort of win that would spark a trophy, instead we completely messed up the away leg at Bolton which left us too much to do at VP.

Great reminder though so I'll find the highlights on YT, watch JPA's wonder goal again and remember to count all the empty seats in the away end.😉

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Justification for the club's pricing I think, well done to all involved.

There will be lots of empty spaces in hospitality which will bring the attendance down, but that's a natural part of FA cup replays; the short notice means that the sales teams don't have time to sell those lounges and the companies that buy the spaces in them don't have time to make the arrangements to invite guests - that's not something unique to Villa Park.

For some random reason i checked again. 450 left now. Great to see that we have shifted near enough every ticket we could . We can moan about stuff but this time they got it spot on with the pricing and the fans have reciprocated with snapping them up. Good work all round 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I remember choosing to watch LOTR: ROTK the night it came out instead of that game. I still made the right choice! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yeah I went to that one. I was a student then and cost me a fiver. What a goal by Angel. Then we learnt we got Bolton in the semi finals, which we then threw away in the firs leg.  Still hurts.

Debating whether to go up on the train tomorrow and risk missing extra time or try to navigate the pleasures of the M5 and M6 during rush hour.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I remember choosing to watch LOTR: ROTK the night it came out instead of that game. I still made the right choice! 

Dweeb

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't understand how they can't predict that demand for hospitality in advance and just make more seats available at standard prices for normal fans?  Makes sense to have the seats filled for £25 each rather than empty and each fan might spend an extra £5-10 in food/drink as well. 

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

For some random reason i checked again. 450 left now. Great to see that we have shifted near enough every ticket we could . We can moan about stuff but this time they got it spot on with the pricing and the fans have reciprocated with snapping them up. Good work all round 

167 tickets left now - all single tickets that are always hard to shift and the reason that Heck gave to cancel a £100m project - "The demand just isn't there" (paraphrased).

I'm sure they'll suddenly add the Lower Grounds and Terrace View unsold tickets soon - don't want to sell them too early lol.

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

167 tickets left now - all single tickets that are always hard to shift and the reason that Heck gave to cancel a £100m project - "The demand just isn't there" (paraphrased).

I'm sure they'll suddenly add the Lower Grounds and Terrace View unsold tickets soon - don't want to sell them too early lol.

87 left now.  Not good enough. Cancel any stadium improvements. We dont deserve them.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I don't understand how they can't predict that demand for hospitality in advance and just make more seats available at standard prices for normal fans?  Makes sense to have the seats filled for £25 each rather than empty and each fan might spend an extra £5-10 in food/drink as well. 

They can predict the demand on hospitality - but you can't turn those boxes and lounges into regular seats and if you start charging regular prices for people to use them, then you end up making a loss on operating those lounges and seats - plus those fans wouldn't have access to the regular concourses so you'd have to find a way to cater them.

I'm not talking about the Lower Grounds or Terrace view - the gaps will be in Directors Club and boxes and so on.

Anyone else still not received their e-ticket?   They emailed me to say I'd purchased it on 31st January (done automatically it seems, I hadn't ordered it).  Since then nothing.  Called about 40 minutes ago, waited 5 minutes in queue then told to try later as too many calls.  Emailed and got a response saying it could take up to 10 days to respond, and if urgent to call them.  Genius.  They really are fecking useless.  What do I do now?

11 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Anyone else still not received their e-ticket?   They emailed me to say I'd purchased it on 31st January (done automatically it seems, I hadn't ordered it).  Since then nothing.  Called about 40 minutes ago, waited 5 minutes in queue then told to try later as too many calls.  Emailed and got a response saying it could take up to 10 days to respond, and if urgent to call them.  Genius.  They really are fecking useless.  What do I do now?

I assume you are a season ticket holder? if so and you purchased on the day they were released, which by the sounds of it you did, then this game will have been uploaded to your season ticket and you get in using that as you normally would. 

Edited by markavfc40

8 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Should all be in the original email mine lists them and states these are not tickets but they were underneath as attachments.

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Should all be in the original email mine lists them and states these are not tickets but they were underneath as attachments.

No attachments with mine, just a ticket confirmation.  Very efficient in taking the money, the opposite when it comes to providing the goods. 

Just called again and told they are closed until 2.  On a match day where they have failed to send out multiple tickets (friends also not had theirs yet).  Utter incompetence.  Lady wished me a lovely afternoon - I said it's hardly likely if I have to spend it chasing down my ticket.   

Â