Tickets

Kingman

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Way too much for an early season cup game especially as we had europa league matches either side.

Hopefully club learn from that and we have Chelsea style pricing for any league cup home games next season.

Definitely mate. Plus season card holders were used to getting this for free.  

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That was really dumb pricing. At least they got the ECL prices right, and this game as well. 

Greed pure and simple. It backfired though in terms of attendance but they actually made more from a 24k gate than they would have from a big gate at cheap tickets

Edited by Rugeley Villa

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

About 4.2k tickets left. Assuming Chelsea sell their allocation I'd imagine we're looking at 40k+.

Good news. Fair play to the club for making the right decisions regarding ticket prices.

On 02/02/2024 at 20:16, Talldarkandransome said:

I think it's more about the numbers of people on the waiting list. In theory you've got 20k+ people trying to get a season ticket, when in reality possibly half of those, if not more, are already members and half of those members go to most games.

You would think that a cheaply priced game would be perfect to sell out. I'm not ashamed to admit that if this was normal price I wouldn't be going. I've prioritised league and europe and me and the lad haven't missed one yet. 

Nah, me and my mates are on the season ticket waiting list, we have 6 memberships and we go to most PL games. None of us have any interest in buying tickets for this game, but all of us will take up the season ticket when we get to the front of the list.

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Today's win shouldn't do any harm to the ticket sales for this match I expect...

Yeah just under 4k left 

Around 1.7k left now so they are steadily selling. It should be over 40k, assuming Chelsea sell their allocation, so not far off a sell out. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Around 1150 left now....so pretty much a sellout by this time tomorrow

..dont think Chelsea have filled their allocation though

I'd guess a fair number of hospitality won't sell (it's always difficult with replays) and they'll release the held seats, so probably a couple of thousand empty Villa and whatever Chelsea don't sell - maybe 38,000?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd guess a fair number of hospitality won't sell (it's always difficult with replays) and they'll release the held seats, so probably a couple of thousand empty Villa

Which is pretty ridiculous. By now you’d think the club know the demand for hospitality and so would not keep so many seats in reserve. 

10 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Less than 900 showing as available now but as OBE said they'll also be releasing the held seats. 

All of P2 Upper Doug has already been released, I thought that was one of the blocks held for the lower grounds?

1 hour ago, avfc456 said:

All of P2 Upper Doug has already been released, I thought that was one of the blocks held for the lower grounds?

I'm not sure mate. There are only about 750 left now and looks like pretty much single seats so if they are holding tickets back they'd be as well to release them soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Released about 400 in the Holte so back up to around 1150 now 

Back down to 600. Sell out for us or thereabouts. And kudos to the club for pricing correctly. 

• Like 4

Â