Match Thread: FAC4: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

I think it’s just clear we overachieved for a while and our players cannot keep up that insane level of form and energy. Plus I think if we don’t have our exact starting XI we are immediately half the team. We really have to strengthen in the summer 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Good to see the match thread is the usual rampant festival of fun and positivity. Disappointed no-one has yet told us how far behind we are on xG.

I’m still waiting on “this is the worst performance under Emery so far “ comment.

Think my 69 point prediction a couple of weeks back is looking good right now. Would probably take that if it was offered. Crap form at the moment. 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, smg said:

Kind of what “off form” means generally 

Yes but it goes on for weeks and weeks and weeks. Why he'll never be a top striker sadly. Top strikers might have 1,2, maybe even 3 off days in a row but not 7-8 games of no shows like Watkins.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Think my 69 point prediction a couple of weeks back is looking good at this point. Would probably take that if it was offered. Crap form at the moment. 

You do know we don’t get any points from cup matches?

• Haha 2

Every cup game this season. Every single one. 

I keep saying the same thing. 

We will be fine. This is an emery cup game. We will be crap, and it ends in a low scoring positive result.

Chelsea are ok, it might be a 0-0. But let's not shit our pants because we have seen this before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Emi best player. Kamara best outfield. Rest not so great. Get Bailey on at least.

At least Bailey will run at them. The only way to combat this chelsea side is to fight fire with fire.