Match Thread: FAC4: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think Watkins goes missing. We just get like this where we provide literally nothing fir any of the front players. 

He needs to do more to recieve the ball, shout, get into space, look interested maybe, remember he's a striker.

We've looked dangerous when we've played - Tielemans should have had a couple, McGinn could have done better - we'll need to put away our chances when they come because we seem to have decided to let Chelsea have the ball whenever they like for as long as they like. We're struggling to get out from their press, giving silly balls away and not able to hit Ollie long because the big centre half has him for strength.

At the moment, we're still in it because our keeper is fantastic and not ahead because our finishing has been poor.

Stay in it for an hour and bring Bailey on and we might snatch this.

• Like 3

Just now, Jas10 said:

That’s ridiculous… he’s barely had a touch.

What’s he supposed to do with no service?

An easy and typical target…

Every time he's got the ball he's lost it. We've been poor as a team but at least Tielemans, McGinn, Diaby have threatened their defence and had chances. Watkins our striker has been invisible again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's more like a lack of " ability " from a couple of players if I'm honest.

Maybe composure a better word than ability.

The ability is there, in spades… but performances have dropped off… I expected better after the break we’ve had…

Unai will sort it but… we need to liven up quick…

Weirdly, the players look kind of tired… a real lack of sharpness and concentration…

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

4 shots for Chelsea on target and Emi has saved them all.  I really don't know how he uses his legs so well. I never expect the oppo to score a one on one against him. 

He's taken over De Gea's mantle as the best keeper in the world with his legs. 

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Worst player on the pitch in the first half, fact!

Doesn’t make him shit, why do you choose to ignore the goals and assists in previous seasons ?

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think missing Pau is huge, Diaby needs to do loads more, Watkins needs to wake up. No way would I blame Emery for this, all he wants is wins and success. 

Of course. Emerys desire to win isn’t in doubt. But, WTF is going on. We look completely different to what we did earlier in the season. Away form has been a little bit sus all season, but not this bad. 

Just now, smg said:

Doesn’t make him shit, why do you choose to ignore the goals and assists in previous seasons ?

Sure but he's streaky. When he's off form he's horrendous.

Ollie has been out of top form for quite a while. He was even poor when he was scoring against Spurs Bournemouth etc.  But we know he will come back into form. And when he does he is always better than his last purple patch. Its just him. 

• Like 1