Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

picking back up on picking players out of the championship… out of the last England call up. Only Foden, Lewis, Mainoo, Palmer, Rashford and Rice never played lower than the Premier League.

The 17 other players have at least a season in the championship or below. 

There’s always been talent there and seems like Rogers, is just that 

• Like 2

He’s shown enough in his performance up until now that he’s going to be a great player for us. Yesterday was his best yet. He’s getting used to being premier league fit and next season he will add more to his game.

• Like 1

I'd like to see what his valuation is now.  Dwarfs whatever it is we agreed to pay Middlesbrough.  Fantastic player and really suits our play.  Can cover several positions.  Turning into a crowd favourite.  Only 21!! 

Have to admit, first couple of games he looked like Ramsey but not as good. He’s certainly changed my mind last 3-4 games. 

Reminded me more of Buendia than Ramsey recently. 

• Like 1

the only positive of ramsey injury is rogers development. Surely he is far more ahead in his development than emery would have expected at this stage. He wasn't even starting all the time for middlesborough. He is going to be a key player for us next season.

• Like 1

I saw him against Wolves from the Trinity. He gave away a few passes and looked like he was struggling a little. But I think was more being on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. He then made a couple crazy runs with the ball. Fighting off players and eventually getting fouled because that's the only way they could stop him. Since then he's looked like he's gone up a gear or two. Seems to be settling in nicely now and yesterday he looked the best I've seen him yet. Reminds me of Ramsey in his ball carrying. Looks a very good signing, and exactly the sort the owners have been talking about. Looks like a bargain the way he's been playing the last few matches.

• Like 1

He’s just settled in really well hasn’t he? Looks a Villa player already, some of his showings have been a bit iffy but that’s been in line with team performances during that time, he’s drifted out of matches but I thought it was an incredibly mature performance yesterday. The early indications on this one is that we’ve done well, fingers crossed he’s got another few levels in him for Unai to unlock because on top of what we’ve seen so far, plus his raw attributes, any improvement would see him become a real player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, birdman said:

Tbf as one of their fans said they made 14m in 6 months for him which is damn good. For us it was steal. Who knows how good he'll be but could be worth upwards of 50m next season.

I did think we got him very cheap tbh. Some on here were saying we should move on when they wanted 15m 😂

We weren't trying to sign because he's average, he was clearly viewed as having huge potential which we're getting glimpses of already.

Edited by Tom13

Just now, Tom13 said:

I did think we got him very cheap tbh. Some on here were saying we should move on when they wanted 15m 😂

We weren't trying to sign because he's average, he was clearly viewed as having huge potential which we're getting glimpses of already.

Got in there very early. Imagine if we signed this summer would have been twice the price I think.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, birdman said:

Tbf as one of their fans said they made 14m in 6 months for him which is damn good. For us it was steal. Who knows how good he'll be but could be worth upwards of 50m next season.

One of em said they seen him play against Arsenal and they wasn't impressed, they must have some great players there.

I think it helps that he's a local lad, he has a full support network around him and will be settled from the off. Emery as eluded to this in some of he comments on other players having to adapt to a new country and league. 

• Like 1

Â