Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe I am wrong but I assumed this was a defence of Duran as it seems maybe black players are accused more in the media of being lazy or have attitude problems

Again I might be way off

Possibly....but I'm basing the fact that Duran's attitude may be questionable on the fact Emery has stated as much, not on a media article. 

On 30/01/2024 at 18:16, KMitch said:

Has anyone on VillaTalk met Duran?  Does anyone actually know anything about his attitude? Ever notice how it’s only black players who seem to have bad attitudes and are hard to manage?  

Thanks Big Ron. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think he might end up playing a bigger role this season than many think. 

His ability to be a mobile midfield option or a replacement for Diaby at the 10 position might be the key to breaking us out of the high press that teams have used to stifle us until they get ahead. 

Agreed. Back to goal and link up play are things he appears to excel at.

On 30/01/2024 at 21:16, KMitch said:

Ever notice how it’s only black players who seem to have bad attitudes and are hard to manage?  

Sorry mate but this is a massive reach and bait attempt.

Were Pogba and Balotelli only picked on because they are black?

I'm pretty sure we could find multiple examples of players who aren't black who have been described as having bad attitudes and difficult to Manage.

The player just happens to be black.

If the player happens to be black ( Which ALOT of players are ) and has a bad attitude are people supposed to be scared to express opinion on them? ( Within reason and constructive of course )

These kind of things turn us ( Black Folks ) into " the boy who cried wolf " whenever there are ACTUAL race related issues for concern.

As an example:

15 Footballing Talents with the Worst Attitudes

There are 6 black players in that list, and a mixture of white players and a couple of Arabs.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1120183-15-footballing-talents-with-the-worst-attitudes.amp.html

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm pretty sure we could find multiple examples of players who aren't black who have been described as having bad attitudes and difficult to Manage.

The player just happens to be black ffs 

These kind of things turn us ( Black Folks ) into " the boy who cried wolf " whenever there are ACTUAL race related issues for concern.

Evidence: Morgan Sanson was the last one to be labelled such and he's pretty white.

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Evidence: Morgan Sanson was the last one to be labelled such and he's pretty white.

Goes under the radar because he's handsome ( Allegedly ) 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, Rolta said:

then add Drinkwater, McCormack, Grealish (early on), Ireland, Dunne, Collins etc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The player just happens to be black.

If the player happens to be black ( Which ALOT of players are ) and has a bad attitude are people supposed to be scared to express opinion on them? ( Within reason and constructive of course )

As an example:

15 Footballing Talents with the Worst Attitudes

There are 6 black players in that list, and a mixture of white players and a couple of Arabs.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1120183-15-footballing-talents-with-the-worst-attitudes.amp.html

Thanks for saying this and calling it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

You imagine how happy this kid must be signing for the team he grew up supporting. I really hope he hits the ground running. 

Is he definitely a Viler Sheepy

Â