Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

14 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

No I don’t think we are.

The extra add ons will only be paid after his performances have more than paid us back.

Some of the £7.5m is payback to Citeh for his original cheap fee in the summer when he moved to Boro.

Finally Boro have to make some profit over and above the £1.5m they paid for him.

if you look at it like that it’s a great deal….one we have to make.

Small risk big upside 

seems like the main beneficiary is Man City.....that could be the crux of the problem here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Couldn’t care less if boro make a tidy little profit and city make a cut in the process. If he’s the player we want, that Emery wants, then £15m (of which I assume £5m is bonus related) isn’t extortion.

We may even have gone after him in the Summer and City didn’t want to sell to us. Smart move if so from them. Now he’s ‘available’, we’re trying to make it happen before we feel he could be worth double that in 2 years time. 

I have no real opinion on Rogers tbh. I’ll be excited if we sign him but not disheartened if we don’t. He’ll get my full support unless he starts appearing all pally with Buendia in training photos. Then I’ll want him gone. 

He was only worth £1.5 mill when he was 6'2......now he's 6'4 he's worth 10 times more.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TRO said:

He was only worth £1.5 mill when he was 6'2......now he's 6'4 he's worth 10 times more.

That's almost 200k per inch! Time to invest in height stocks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

That's almost 200k per inch! Time to invest in height stocks.

No "The Rack"....one way to increase Revenue's

The rack2.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

WIsh I'd bought my house 20 years ago for a quarter of what I eventually paid for it...

That's inflation over decades and economic conditions... Not really what's happening here after 5 months of football played. 🥴

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That's inflation over decades and economic conditions... Not really what's happening here after 5 months of football played. 🥴

Yeah but you do realise if a Premier League club approached another Premier League club for a player that the fee would be inflated………

23 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It is exactly what is happening. Things change. 

If you want the house analogy, they just opened up a new school next to mine, a shop and a pub. All happened in the last 6 months. 

The price has gone up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It is exactly what is happening. Things change. 

If you want the house analogy, they just opened up a new school next to mine, a shop and a pub. All happened in the last 6 months. 

The price has gone up. 

what..........for a pint?

Have we moved on yet.

Would rather keep the money and wait till the summer and buyback JPB instead.

Zaniolo is fine backup for Ollie?

Edited by AshVilla

Â