FA Cup 4th Round

Kingman

It’s a tough one but they’ll be thinking the same and glad that they’ve got the home draw.

at least we know what we are up against 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone else noticing how we're getting mentioned a lot more frequently in football media headlines and subheads? In the lead up to the draw, we were named a lot as a key contender. One of those little side benefits of being second in January. I love this state of affairs. Just trying to soak up the attention while it lasts.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

She said 8 times winners Chelsea I don't know how many times and 8 times winners Liverpool I don't know how many times did she even say '7 times winners Aston Villa' once? 

To be so close when we’ve had almost seven decades off is pretty amazing!

I think it's a good draw for us personally. We don't have the squad to win three trophies, or even to win two and qualify for the CL. I never want us to throw a tie, or to embarrassingly lose to Stevenage, so this game is a win-win. Either we win and keep our trophy options open, or lose away to Chelsea which won't particularly raise eyebrows. I really think we can win the Europa Conference.

Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

To be so close when we’ve had almost seven decades off is pretty amazing!

For a huge chunk of my life we were the record number holders with 7.

Now Arsenal have 14. It's insane really. 

Shows how the sky 6 have dominated cups, not just the league in a way that just didn't happen for 120 years before. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It will definitely be televised.

Just need to look in the right places regardless of terrestrial, We're on every week. 

• Haha 1

I'm really not convinced by us at all as the favourite so this might be a blessing in disguise.  Chelsea will expect to win which may just play into our hands.  

Would rather it was at home though.