VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Duane Eddy has died. 

One of my earliest memories is my father playing Rebel -Rouser on guitar with his brothers. Probably the only song my father could play on guitar. 40 Miles of Bad Road was another badass Duane Eddy song 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

One of my earliest memories is my father playing Rebel -Rouser on guitar with his brothers. Probably the only song my father could play on guitar. 40 Miles of Bad Road was another badass Duane Eddy song 

Indeed it was !! Along with "Because They're Young" , "Yep"  and my own favourite "Theme from Peter Gunn". Pictured with his guitar which always seemed to have a Bigsby; think that is how he got his unique sound. A true legend (IMO).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Duane Eddy has died. 

Right. I'm off to play Spy Hunter on my Commodore 64.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, veloman said:

Indeed it was !! Along with "Because They're Young" , "Yep"  and my own favourite "Theme from Peter Gunn". Pictured with his guitar which always seemed to have a Bigsby; think that is how he got his unique sound. A true legend (IMO).

Imagine we have have to be of a minimum certain age to know Duane Eddy. I remember really liking that album he released in 1987 with a lot of big name guests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Imagine we have have to be of a minimum certain age to know Duane Eddy. 

My earliest days of interest in pop music, late 50s/early 60s. Twangy guitar instrumentals were huge - Duane Eddy, The Shadows, The Ventures, Bert Weedon, etc. That's when I started lusting after electric guitars, and I still do. 

I’ve still got a copy of “Because They’re Young “, one of my fave instrumentals ever.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bickster said:

Great advert for smoking :D 

I think we call it "cremation" in polite society. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Haha 4

Â