Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

Quite like some of these images, the colours and traditional look all work well. Of course I hope the badge isn’t the drop shadow monstrosity and they’ve tweaked it and made sometime better. But it might all work out better than we thought. 

On 10/05/2024 at 21:32, Nor-Cal Villan said:

🤣 here in northern California we entered the “hot” season 5-6 weeks back and it will run until mid/late October. I will leave the conversions to you, but we’ve already had numerous 90+ days and look to have several near 100 in the middle of next week. Once summer truly takes hold we are pretty much 90+ every single day from some time in June until October. We have a lot of 100+ days and temps of 115 are not unheard of. But it is dry, which makes an enormous difference. Lived in humidity (North Carolina & Texas) first 30 years of my life and dry is infinitely preferable

Sorry for the hijack, here’s a photo from 2 months back that is on-topic

spacer.png

What? You have days where water would boil if left out in a can in the street? You must have to live underground. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

What? You have days where water would boil if left out in a can in the street? You must have to live underground. 

F not C

9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I love the claret and blue old pictures.  

I think the painting on the walls looks a bit amateurish if I’m honest but hopefully will look better when finished.

The badge in the second picture, I can’t see how that will look decent over those building elements, not sure that was thought out properly.

".....I can’t see how that will look decent........not sure that was thought out properly."

...not the first time those comments have been used about this 'rebrand' eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The sad thing is this reveal actually looks really **** cool, imo. 

Im finding myself quite excited. 

But it’s all going to (probably) be for a very disappointing badge. If it was actually a really Good badge this would all be brilliant

Agreed, the reveal looks to be everything the badge is not!  would love to know the process (or lack of) behind the badge.  

Is there any chance that the actual new badge is something different to the one we’re all expecting? It doesn’t look like it based on the shield shape and colours that we've seen teased, and obviously the registered image, but there could be a sliver of hope that the final execution is something better? 

We’ll have to wait (another three months) and see.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Is there any chance that the actual new badge is something different to the one we’re all expecting? It doesn’t look like it based on the shield shape and colours that we've seen teased, and obviously the registered image, but there could be a sliver of hope that the final execution is something better? 

I think the only hope is that they use the detailed lion rather than the flat yellow one with shadow…

It’s apparent and obvious that we are using the same shield and pale blue background… all that’s left to reveal or implement is the lion and text…

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Yeah I’ve seen that @Jas10. I just have a slight hope that they might surprise us with something that looks okay. But like others have said, it’s been going on that long now that the release will likely be met with a level of apathy and we’ll all just move on. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

spacer.png

along those lines rather than…

🤢 

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah I’ve seen that @Jas10. I just have a slight hope that they might surprise us with something that looks okay. But like others have said, it’s been going on that long now that the release will likely be met with a level of apathy and we’ll all just move on. 

I can’t imagine it being anything much different now and the designs are already trademarked…

we’ve already seen the shield and blue background… now it’s just about what’s in there and how good it’s going to look.

Fed up of it tbh… this has been going on for far too long and has been a farce and mess…

Still can’t believe we’re sticking with yellow on blue but there isn’t much we can do other than to accept and get on with it. Loads going on so we we could do without any further disruptions…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

My hunch is that, sadly, Villa trademarked this so that other people couldn’t attempt to use it.  It seemed very reactive and strange to trademark a second effort only a month after the first. 

Â