The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Media reporting already it's the new Jim radcliff era of Man United. Radcliff hasn't even signed on the dotted yet, an I doubt he'll be there????

Please don't incorrectly spell his name without the noun Rat in there.

• Haha 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

The team is as good as we can expect to put out given the suspensions/injuries. It’s a good side still, although I’d prefer Pau in there. The cool thing about Villa under Emery is that I completely trust his team selections now, whatever he chooses is all fine for me. Same with transfers now. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Really?

Based on ability, form, and (crucially) availability, this is our best possible side surely.

Yeah I agree

Diaby is a better player than dendoncker but mcginn is better than both, the line up isn't necessarily about who drops out or comes in its about what it does to those who were playing anyway 

Mcginn Motm display incoming... He was muted vs Sheffield utd 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think given the availability there were really only two choices - Moreno or Digne and Bailey or Diaby.

Personally I’d have stuck Pau in. Diaby’s pace versus Evans and Verane is something I really hope to see at some point. Bailey’s is not a bad option though.

I’m not sure about the inclusion of Dendonker as a starter at OT. 

Edit: I’m sure Unai knows what he’s doing 

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Weird Villa line up, quite a few questions about some of the choices.

I think the answers are 

• Pau isn't ready (Lenglet)
  • McGinn is better wide for us and we needed to sure up midfield against a team who were most likely (but haven't) to play 2 DMs (Dendoncker)
  • Which opens up Bailey to play up front, who works harder than Diaby

Everything else is as expected. I think Cash would have played had he not been suspended. But I think with what we have available. This is the best choice we could make.

If we played Diaby & Bailey, tonplay McGinn central & drop Dendoncker.. we'd have had no options to change the game later if we needed it.

Need to put our trust in Dendoncker. Title winning teams of the past have always gotten the best out of their squad players. The kind of players that Sir Alex managed to sell for £20m when that was a lot of money because he always managed to make lower half players play much better than that.

• Like 3

That's the worst PL starting line up we have put out this season and looks reminiscent of a Conference league game. Typical it had to be at Old Trafford when we had to start the likes of Dendoncker and Longlet. 

Gonna need some huge performaces from McGinn, Luiz, Carlos and Watkins in particular. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Personally I’d have stuck Pau in. Diaby’s pace versus Evans and Verane is something I really hope to see at some point. Bailey’s is not a bad option though.

We don't really have a choice mate. They're playing both Eriksen and Fernandes through the middle - we can't play without a DM, and after Kamara's frankly **** daft red card, Dendoncker is the only solid option. Luiz hates playing there and McGinn can't, and both are more use to us tonight in advanced roles.

Edited by est1874

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Edit: I’m sure Unai knows what he’s doing 

I'm guessing Pau has some cliche like only ready for the bench or only got 60 mins in him or something 

Famous last words lenglet was fine last week just not got that passing range, tonight should be a very different game though 

Diaby doesn't use his pace to any effect whatsoever, he's been frankly dreadful for a month or two. Deserves to be on the bench. 

The Luiz-McGinn pair holding at Old Trafford would've been a nightmare as well imo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's the worst PL starting line up we have put out this season and looks reminiscent of a Conference league game. Typical it had to be at Old Trafford when we had to start the likes of Dendoncker and Longlet. 

Gonna need some huge performaces from McGinn, Luiz, Carlos and Watkins in particular. 

That's the worst ridiculous over reaction to a starting line up this season

• Like 2

Looking at that lineup, I think this could be a real disappointment tonight. Lenglet is a decent player, no major worries about him, but Pau has been so central to our build up play during the recent run.

And Donk just isn’t good enough on the ball for a game like this, will do a good job breaking things up, but he’s another Nakamba.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Diaby doesn't use his pace to any effect whatsoever, he's been frankly dreadful for a month or two. Deserves to be on the bench. 

The Luiz-McGinn pair holding at Old Trafford would've been a nightmare as well imo. 

I agree, although he'll probably come on around 60..........................An get us a goal. 😉