New England Manager 2024

Vancvillan

Assuming Southgate leaves after Euro 2024, who would you like and who would you bet on?

I think I might have a cheeky punt on Eddie Howe, who I think might be out of work by then. Not my dream appointment but think he could do a job since we have a deep squad and his tactics usually require it.

Howe is probably the best shout, they'll just wait for him to fail and get booted from Newcastle and then he's perfect... 

Which to be fair he will at least be better (which won't be hard) I think his run players in to the ground stuff won't matter when they play 2 games every 2 months 

They'll make noise over a top manager coming in, Jose will be linked but in reality no top manager is at International level anymore 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Sareth won't be going anywhere, he's made it his life's mission to make the people of England suffer more than they already do.

Personally never understood this narrative. We've had much better managers with much better squads do worse. I think whoever takes over will do incredibly well to even equal Southgate's record.

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Personally never understood this narrative. We've had much better managers with much better squads do worse. I think whoever takes over will do incredibly well to even equal Southgate's record.

That should hardly be the barometer for success, true or not (the second part I mean - we've obviously had better managers).

Edited by fightoffyour

29 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

will be one half of the story in 20 years time when discussing Sir Gareth

the other half will be that the football was **** terrible and a better manager would have actually won something

no other England manager has had a set up that's won so much at youth level

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the other half will be that the football was **** terrible and a better manager would have actually won something

People say that but Italia 90 was a horrible football tournament and it is considered brilliant tournament in England and Ireland when both played dour football along with other teams

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't disagree that the football is mostly poor to watch. But I think people are already rewriting history that still exists. Youth football is mostly irrelevant in the bigger picture, and we have 1 centre back, no left back, 1 wide player and most people don't rate Pickford.

Like I said, much better managers with much better squads have failed to win. There's this bizarre notion that teams 'should' win something. France are one of the best ever International sides and have won 1 of 4 tthe last 4 tournaments, despite being the best team in every one they've entered by some considerable distance.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Lee Carsley. FA know him, and the U21's know him. I don't agree with it, but he's in the FA's boys club now. Unless he takes the Stoke job, as rumoured.

Proppa gaffer mate, Blue through & through mate, always welcome in town, hates the Vile.

Mate.

• Haha 2

Â