maqroll

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've won 3 away and drawn a couple. People are acting like we should've won 7/8 away when all of Man. City, Liverpool and Arsenal have come nowhere near that either.

Man. City lost three away and drawn at Chelsea and they've also been to Sheffield United and Luton, we still have those two to play early in 2024 (although both will be trickier than in opening weeks) we win 7/8 away this season and 15 games at VP we get top 4 so still well on course for that.

I think the more accurate narrative is that folk think we should be more like Everton and West Ham in terms of their results away ( who we have beaten at home comfortably) they have won 5 & 4 away respectively against our 3.

Its not a crisis, by any stretch of the imagination.....but Wolves ,Forest and Bournemouth, we might have done better.

Forest was particularly disappointing in comparison to our general season, we could have beaten Wolves, with a last Minute effort, and Bournemouth we done well to salvage a point....but none of those games was convincing.

It depends, what we want, before evaluating what we should expect.....Personally, I think we will do well to finish 6th, as we are still WIP.

I still think we can win.....with the right application, but its down to that, for me.

12 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

No mention of Tielemans yet. Wonder who comes in for Dougie if so.

Not made it. That's disappointing.

Cash back on the right of midfield.....hmmmm.

Is Proctor a sub keeper?

Brentford are lining up with 3 CBs so their tactic will be to low block us to death and scramble a goal from a set piece, we need to be ready for that.

This won't be a very exciting game to watch but I think we have the mentality to realise that, be patient and hopefully get a 0-1 out of this which would be huge.