• Diaby (Bailey 45)
    • Ramsey (Tielemans 57)
    • Dendoncker (Kamara 66)
    • Cash (Konsa 66)
    • Moreno (Digne 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/23 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

Voted emry average. ...looks like im the only one. 

Just so frustrated that we didn't change up the positioning of Luiz and kamara throughout. Havertz and odeguard sat on them both and made it impossible to play out....just couldn't understand why Emry didn't change their starting positions to free them. Equally, no one put on zinchenko to counter in the same way they did to us. He was free all the time and kept playing balls in behind konsa and cash. 

But....we won....so wtf do I know. Clearly and Emery masterplan!! 

That's why we were by-passing midfield in the second half. Emi was taking long kicks.  You can't pull your central midfielders out of central midfield. Odergard and Havertz would have had the freedom of Villa Park!  Regarding Zinchenko, most of his passing isn't good-enough quality, he's hardly a creative force, and Emery would know that, plus his tendency to push inside and high was exactly the reason why we scored.  Martinelli always comes short and Jesus simply doesn't have the pace or guile to beat our high line. When Ramsey came on, he moved McGinn to the right and Zinchenko barely got a kick after that. 

• Like 1

Had a bit of time to think about the match. We definitely took more out of that game than we deserved, but that's how it goes in football.

I don't take anything too much from the way we played - the City game took a lot out of them and Arsenal had an extra day on us.

Really glad to have won it, and would have been equally happy with a draw.

But Arsenal weren't clinical and wasted a lot of great chances. That said - we also had several chances to get the second. It's not like we just parked the bus.

The handball rule is a stupid rule and I think most neutral fans would agree that should be a goal - but you have to follow the rules. Diego was also really lucky to not get a red for that.

To be fair I am rather shocked both decisions went our way. We used to never get the 50/50 calls, soft pens (always against us, never for us), etc in these types of games. I'd feel bad about it... but naaaaah.