2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

That was the best performance by Aston Villa in the Premier League era, easily. They have just completely outplayed, to the extreme, one of the best club sides of all-time.

I am stunned by what I've just watched. Wow.

Late to this as I was out and watched it as live at 9.30, and this is what I was going to post. We were absolutely outstanding to a man, best performance I can ever recall, especially due to the opposition. It didn’t matter they were depleted, we destroyed them.

So many great performances, but Bailey was fabulous, never played as well as that for us before. 

So many heroes tonight.

Wow….!

Just got back, that was mad. One of the best performances I've probably ever witnessed. Not one player below 9/10... 

To stop that team playing and dominating like they usually do is nothing short of amazing. Excellent atmosphere too, I'll give Bailey MOTM for scoring and his overall performance but any of them could have it.

No passengers tonight.

• Like 2

Wonder if Jack was watching from the stand, seeing his boyhood club come of age and starting to look like we might genuinely be able to compete for everything, and thinking 'I could have been part of that'. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Cheers Unai, can't sleep and I'll be shattered at work tomorrow. 

Bastard. 

So true. I can never sleep after a big win. I spend hours sucking up the media content and hearing the positives until I'm wore out. 

Completely the opposite when we lose.  

• Like 4

What a performance and what a night!

Just like the good old days. Villa Park was rocking.

Every player did his bit with no weak links.

Starting at the back. 

• Emi is looking every inch the World number 1
  • Diego had his best game for us. The back 4 all played well
  • Midfield. SJM, Kamara & Douglas were immense.
  • I will also include Yuri who was a thorn in their side all night , taking some great positions linking the midfield and front 2
  • Bailey, possible his best game. as well as tormenting defenders, he worked really had helping Konsa.
  • Ollie didn't have too many openings but did what Ollie does.

How great to have options like Moreno, JJ, Diaby & Duran to come off the bench.

Fantastic team performance. The stats don't lie (this time). We had more shots and them fewer than any other game for Pep in the PL What a team to set the record against. It would have been a travesty if they had gotten something out of the game. It's great that we can now control and see out a game without sending the blood pressure through the roof.

Well done to Unai and all of the team

Onwards & Upwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Mad isnt it?

Just over a year ago, we had some scouse chancer who won a title in Scotland and used to be a bloody good footballer in charge because he was mates with the CEO...
We were struggling badly and looking at the relegation places....

NSWE decided enough was enough and, SOMEHOW, convinced this magician/scientist/genius to come to us and show everyone what he can do...

Fast forward 12 months... We are playing in Europe for the first time in decades... and we have just made "the best side in world football" look like the Dog and Duck...

I am so ridiculously, immensely and insanely proud of our club tonight...

Just got back, I’m near to tears of joy. We are ridiculous. He is ridiculous.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Wonder if Jack was watching from the stand, seeing his boyhood club come of age and starting to look like we might genuinely be able to compete for everything, and thinking 'I could have been part of that'. 

Hope so, the **** cabbage 😂

• Like 1