Euro 2024 Draw

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I get that but why not just make the team in pot 1 team 1, pot 2 team 2 etc etc

Anyway I think that's England playing in frankfurt and the Irish woman Sat opposite me has a ticket 

What's her tell? Is she dancing a sitting down Jig?

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah I get that but why not just make the team in pot 1 team 1, pot 2 team 2 etc etc

Anyway I think that's England playing in frankfurt and the Irish woman Sat opposite me has a ticket 

I suppose it’s to stop having the better teams playing lesser teams as they progress through the group, with their toughest game first.  

Also the whole group stage calendar is fixed, with stadiums and dates allocated and the knockout route to the final can be mapped similarly. 

Group A

Germany 

Hungary 

Scotland 

Switzerland 

Group B

Spain 

Albania

Croatia 

Italy

Group C

England 

Denmark

Slovenia

Serbia 

Group D

France

Austria 

Holland 

Play-off winner A Wales vs Finland Poland vs Estonia

Group E

Belgium 

Romania 

Slovakia 

Play-off winner B Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine v Israel vs Iceland

Group F

Portugal 

Turkey 

Czech Rep

Play-off winner C Georgia vs Luxembourg Greece vs Kazakhstan

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The woman at work at 4 tickets for England vs Denmark, already sold 2 pre draw, 1 has my name on it 🕺

Nope, 20th June, it's my sons birthday so that's me out, won't even be going to the fan park and meeting up with old faces 

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If you can't be good be lucky and Southgate is certainly that. Another piss easy group.

It's harder than the World cup one (and last euros).

Denmark have dipped in last two years but they still have top class players in key positions. Serbia are weird, they again have good players but never do anything at tournaments compared to Croatia.

England will qualify but they won't breeze through this group.

Belgium are in the easiest group by a mile.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Regardless of what you think of Southgate, he ain't half lucky in the draws. 

How hard a group should a top seed get? Italy were in pot 4 not England.

For people moaning they didn't get a hard second seed like Croatia....they were in the last euros group.

I don't think it's easier than Portugal being in with Turkey and Czechs personally.

England also beat Italy pretty comfortably home and away in the qualifiers just played.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Extending the amount teams in the competition has certainly watered down the groups. 

In the past, you'd have some proper good games to watch. Looking at that draw, only Group B is getting my interest. 

They'll still be plenty of close matches and some going down to the last minute of last game as happened in the last Euros.

48 team World cup is the bigger disgrace, the group stages there a complete waste of time now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Feels like England has a huge opportunity to win it this time. Apart from the obvious favorites France it looks like every other big nation is in a slump or struggling with a generation rebuild. Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Croatia all look weak. Portugal and Spain might be more difficult to judge but Spain still has Morata as their best attacker...

We SHOULD have nothing to fear from anyone. 

We SHOULD be the easy favourites. 

France SHOULD be worried about how the hell they can beat us. 

But we'll stutter through the group stage and first KO before losing to the first half decent team we get. 

Edited by sidcow

Â