Euro 2024 Draw

andykeenan

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

We SHOULD have nothing to fear from anyone. 

We SHOULD be the easy favourites. 

France SHOULD be worried about how the hell they can beat us. 

But we'll stutter through the group stage and first KO before losing to the first half decent team we get. 

I've never understood this take. France have finished in the top 2 in 3 of the last 4 tournaments, with a second XI that is probably in the top 5 in the World. 

I still think there is a general massive disrespect in England to other nations. Like at the last Euros when people complained we "only" beat Croatia 1-0. A result that was sandwiched between 2nd and 3rd place World Cup finished for this "old" team.

• Like 1

Yeah France are better than us, they have a better overall squad with more depth 

After that though... 

There's many stand out teams going in to it, not checked the route to the final but if we avoid France we should be ok, Holland in the 2nd round potentially? Agree we shouldn't fear anyone but we will, and that's the problem with Southgate, he'll now be away with 6 months focusing on how we can stop Serbia and Slovenia 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I've never understood this take. France have finished in the top 2 in 3 of the last 4 tournaments, with a second XI that is probably in the top 5 in the World. 

I still think there is a general massive disrespect in England to other nations. Like at the last Euros when people complained we "only" beat Croatia 1-0. A result that was sandwiched between 2nd and 3rd place World Cup finished for this "old" team.

It's all about opinions. I think we have better players, just a worse manager with worse selections and worse tactics. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all about opinions. I think we have better players, just a worse manager with worse selections and worse tactics. 

Yeah it is opinions, I dont agree

France are stacked, we have a great attack and depth in attack, we potentially have a great midfield, they've got quality everywhere and in most positions its 5 deep

Digne is like their 5th choice LB, our 3rd choice is converting a RB, our 4th choice is a 17 year old 

• Like 1

We've had much better managers with much, much better squads, who never realistically sniffed SFs.

England as a squad are pretty overrated. The fact that we clamour for Ollie and Ezri to be in the squad kinda says everything. We have genuine World class talents in Kane and Bellingham, and depth at right back. What else? The likes of Luke Shaw, Rashford are massively overrated and often start for us.

Â