Black friday 2023

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

The annual surge of desperate mugs buying shitty-and-not-actually-any-cheaper-than-usual Chinese flatscreens has brought HSBC's online banking functionality crashing down.

This has left me unable to send the £3.50 I owe for yesterday's weekly kickabout, thus I am being tarred and feathered by my peers.

So **** you, Black Friday.

Is yours still down? Mines been ip for a few hours now 😃

• Thanks 1

I bought two things in Black Friday sales but they were necessity purchases.

My PS5 pad was being a knob and wouldn't charge properly, I had a look on Thursday and they were £70, yesterday morning I opened my laptop and the page was still open but it had dropped to £36 so I was just lucky that I didn't pull the trigger when I first saw it.

Second purchase was some headphones, I think that they were about £40 down from £70 or something like that, I've got a really good pair of Sony's and a cheaper pair that I use in the gym but the cheaper pair, while the sound was decent they weren't loud enough and aren't the most comfortable so I would have ended up buying a new pair at some point anyway.

I'm disappointed they have done away with the in-store offers for safety reasons. I used to love people fighting for chinese TVs and toasters. 

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm disappointed they have done away with the in-store offers for safety reasons. I used to love people fighting for chinese TVs and toasters. 

It reminds me of that annual ball fight thing in Atherstone. People just there to trample on eachother. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Man, humans can be real shit heads. 

• Like 1

ID Mobile are offering the Google Pixel 7a for £1 more per month in the Black Friday sale than they were offering a couple of weeks ago. Assume they're offering a slightly different data plans or something to disguise it. 

So many Black Friday (which now lasts a month) deals are just shite. 

Edited by sidcow

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Man, humans can be real shit heads. 

Low IQ individuals, and there are many of them. 

I'm surprised the human race has lasted so long. words removed the vast majority of them. 

So far I'm at a new coat, cyberpunk and the new final fantasy 

Would say looking at games there's some OK deals about but in the build up to Christmas these kind of deals were always about anyway, it's not like someone's knocking 50% off the new spiderman 

• Like 2

Chromecast for £23 on the Google store, down from £35. My old one still works, but it's so slow. For £23 it's worth it. At the very least I can pass on the old one to my stepdad. 

On 25/11/2023 at 10:39, Xela said:

My favourite bit is the super tough bloke who got his TV but is still trying to start a fight with someone.

Would have been great if they still had these Black Friday “events” but didn’t actually reduce the price of anything.

Edited by jacketspuds