England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

Just now, HKP90 said:

Every single one of our f***ing attacks is going up the left. They must have thought they saw a weakness, but they've repelled everything Grealish has got. For the love of god switch things up. Saka is having a cup of tea on the right hand touchline.

Its because the fullbacks dont give any width. So no one has to track their runs. Grealish had then got 2 on him

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Matt Targett should probably be ahead of this guy for a cap or any other left back playing in the top flight. I think the Burnley left back is English and should be also ahead of him

Defending Southgate here... **** hell...

Targett isn't good enough, he never will be, this kid ain't there yet but there's every danger he'll get there

I don't see anything wrong with calling him up, that's what these 2 fixtures should be and he should have called more up, he should have Harvey elliot in this squad too or mcatee, he's got palmer now, if he was fit JJ should be there, that's what these fixtures are, dead runners where he can look at his options

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its because the fullbacks dont give any width. So no one has to track their runs. Grealish had then got 2 on him

Aston villa grealish would still beat them.  I bet his progression stats have nose dived since his move.  

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

You are right, but in fairness I'm not sure I want the fullbacks bombing on with our centre backs.

Unai would conquer the universe with this England squad.

Look at the difference between having a Pau playing out from the back as opposed to Maguire. Slow and labourious. So the NMacedonians can get in position. Torres can thread the ball through the eye of a needle. Maguire couldnt thread it through the channel tunnel

Dion really need to stick with selling derelict houses.

I have disagreed with everything he had said so far.

Rico Lewis, a bit of a shit debut really.

TTA, not sure why is he wearing no 10 and playing in midfield. Absolutely doing nothing so far, if it was just to fit him in for the set pieces, there is this man who is a bit of an expert in that, and plays midfield as his profession.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

You are right, but in fairness I'm not sure I want the fullbacks bombing on with our centre backs.

Unai would conquer the universe with this England squad.

I know, this squad is the best and deepest International squad we've ever had and arguably the world.  It's like he watched the highlights of how we play and asked them to pass it around the back a bit then score.  

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Dion really need to stick with selling derelict houses.

I have disagreed with everything he had said so far.

Rico Lewis, a bit of a shit debut really.

TTA, not sure why is he wearing no 10 and playing in midfield. Absolutely doing nothing so far, if it was just to fit him in for the set pieces, there is this man who is a bit of an expert in that, and plays midfield as his profession.

Agreed

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Defending Southgate here... **** hell...

Targett isn't good enough, he never will be, this kid ain't there yet but there's every danger he'll get there

I don't see anything wrong with calling him up, that's what these 2 fixtures should be and he should have called more up, he should have Harvey elliot in this squad too or mcatee, he's got palmer now, if he was fit JJ should be there, that's what these fixtures are, dead runners where he can look at his options

Got no problem with him being in the squad. He is a talent. But he is right footed. Plays right back or midfield for Citeh.  So for the second game we have had a right footed player at left back who has no experience playing there. Again no problem with that due to the injury crisis at left back but we are pushing it to the left where grealish is isolated.. you have saka and walker on the right. That is where the game should be played. Isolate their right back with 1 2s between Walker and Saka. 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But again like I said earlier... Who else is there at LB? There's no one, trippier, Colwill, shaw and Chilwell all injured

There are a few but they're probably not up to standard. I have liked the look of Alfie Doughty for Luton for example though.

Â