Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 5 weeks later...

Merry-go-rounds (carousels, for our American pals) traditionally turn clockwise in the UK and turn anti-clockwise in the US and mainland Europe.

I am able to bring you that piece of pointless trivia from watching a repeat of Lovejoy earlier today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Merry-go-rounds (carousels, for our American pals) traditionally turn clockwise in the UK and turn anti-clockwise in the US and mainland Europe.

I am able to bring you that piece of pointless trivia from watching a repeat of Lovejoy earlier today.

Excellent factoid. 

10/10

• Like 1

On 01/09/2023 at 20:25, Mark Albrighton said:

Ian McShane - both Ian and Shane  are variants  of the Hebrew Johanan (English John)

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some may already know this, others possibly not.

The theme tune to Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em is morse code for “some mothers do ave em”.

Same trick as with the theme music for 'Morse'. 

• Like 1

Arkansas is a landlocked state, bordered by six other states, you can pass through them all (separately) by going South in Arkansas.

This might be worded poorly, I will let you pick me up on that, Arkansas, travel South and you can go through all of the states that border it, that's different points in Arkansas, not the same point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Arkansas is a landlocked state, bordered by six other states, you can pass through them all (separately) by going South in Arkansas.

This might be worded poorly, I will let you pick me up on that, Arkansas, travel South and you can go through all of the states that border it, that's different points in Arkansas, not the same point.

Hmmm... 

Screenshot_2023-09-06-12-07-00-24_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

That makes sense and is true. Each of the 6 states that border Arkansas have a point that is south of Arkansas, thus you can travel south in Arkansas and, depending on where you are, pass into all of its bordering states.

• Like 2

In 1969 Astronaut Michael Collins took a photograph of the lunar lander approaching the moon.  The earth can be seen in the background.  

He was on one side of the camera.  

Every other human being that ever existed was on the other side of the camera. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2023 at 07:02, Seat68 said:

New York State is north, south, east and west of Canada. 

Greenland is north, south, east and west of Iceland. 

But I expect you already knew that. 

• Like 1

Â