Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

All the people mentioned in Big A Little A by Crass are now dead 

You are absolutely correct but being as the song only has a passing reference to Margaret Thatcher (The Prime Sinister) it's not exactly a shock given the only two other "people" mentioned actually have no proof of their existence (Moses and Christ) its very doubtful whether they were ever alive.

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are absolutely correct but being as the song only has a passing reference to Margaret Thatcher (The Prime Sinister) it's not exactly a shock given the only two other "people" mentioned actually have no proof of their existence (Moses and Christ) its very doubtful whether they were ever alive.

The Queen (deceased) says hello 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Your are correct, she is mentioned. So that's two dead people mentioned in a song written 40 years ago. It'll get them going down the pub quiz for sure

It would, the only person on here I thought would have a scooby about it was you and you must admit is a totally useless piece of information 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

The 2023 January sumo tournament will be the first basho in 125 years with only 1 yokozuna (grand champion) and 1 ozeki (champion) participating.

I feel confident I have fulfilled the thread title's remit here.

• Like 2

Might be known already but the Holte Hotel held the 1956 World Snooker Championship semi final between Fred Davis and Rex Williams. Davis won 35-26 over 4 days, and then went on to beat Fred Pulman 38-35 in the final. The match saw a 141 break by Williams which was the highest break in a World Championship match until 1965.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I might be late here, but he also directed the first episode of Columbo. 

Kinda.

He directed the first episode of season one - “Murder by the Book”.

But there was a pilot episode which was filmed and shown three years prior to that. And also a TV movie which was shown three years before the pilot.

I’m going to completely ignore the first appearance of the character eight years prior to the TV movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Kinda.

He directed the first episode of season one - “Murder by the Book”.

But there was a pilot episode which was filmed and shown three years prior to that. And also a TV movie which was shown three years before the pilot.

I’m going to completely ignore the first appearance of the character eight years prior to the TV movie.

I was about to reply and my wife said don’t Pete, it ain’t worth it. Let it go. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

His first film, Duel, is a classic as well.

Great movie. 

Some scenes (the school bus segment and the level crossing bit) were filmed about a year after the movie had already aired on US TV. They wanted a theatrical release in Europe and needed to flesh it out a bit more in terms of running time.

As a result, they obviously had to use a different truck, and it was a completely different Peterbilt model. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

John Lydon should have been on the Pan Am 103 flight that blew up over Lockerbie. He didn't get his packing done in time and missed the flight

I believe that Seth Mcfarlane overslept on the morning of 9-11 and missed his flight. It hit the North Tower.

Â