Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Carlsberg special brew was invented for Winston Churchill. He had complained that no lager was strong enough for him so the Danish brewery gave him this as a thank you for British help during the war

^^ that's a good one ... gonna have to try some now to see if it has a cognac taste :-)

originally brewed by the Danes for Winston Churchill. His visit to Copenhagen in 1950 was commemorated with a 'special' brew produced in his honour. Originally called V-øllet (V-Beer), the drink followed the Danish tradition of producing a new beer to celebrate outstanding events such as a royal occasion or European coronation. Churchill's favourite drink was cognac, so in brewing him a commemorative beer, the brewers at Carlsberg created a stronger lager with cognac flavours among its tasing

• 3 weeks later...

According to this article in The Times:

...Adolf Hilter invented the blow-up sex doll. True fact, apparently. While the soon-to-be Führer was working as a messenger between the trenches in the First World War, he was appalled to see his fellow Aryans sloping off to French brothels. So he came up with the idea of an inflatable Fräulein. But Hilter didn't get around to manufacturing the doll until near the end of the Second World War when the factory was destroyed by the Allied firebombing of Dresden.

Carlsberg special brew was invented for Winston Churchill. He had complained that no lager was strong enough for him so the Danish brewery gave him this as a thank you for British help during the war
In the classic British war film "Ice Cold In Alex", the beer that they are drinking in the final scene is apparently Carlsberg (although Holsten Pils later used the footage to advertise their own lager).

In fact it was Rhinegold, and John Mills was quite pissed on the stuff by the time they'd got the scene right - it took 14 takes.

The numbers 1- 99, when written "one, two, three" etc etc don't feature any of the letters abcjkmpqz

You can add any amount of numbers from 1 to x by simply adding 1 to x and multiplying it by half way. So all of the numbers from 1 to 1000 = (1 + 1000) * 500 = 500500 or to test it more easily 1 to 10 = (1+10) * 5 = 55. Also works for odd numbers so 1 to 11 = (1+11) * 5.5 = 66

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10

is the same as

1 + 10 * 5 or to put it another way, the first one plus the last one multiplied by half way.

I told you it was useless.

:D You're not wrong.

This is off the top of my head, and my memory is notoriously shit but we'll see, I'm fairly sure this is true:

This first Italian to play in the Premiership was Andrea Silenzi.

:D You're not wrong.

This is off the top of my head, and my memory is notoriously shit but we'll see, I'm fairly sure this is true:

This first Italian to play in the Premiership was Andrea Silenzi.

Wiki'd it, and true. Played 12 games for Forest, scored 0.. and he was a striker. That was the end of him.

Dont know if this has already been posted here but I cant really be arsed to check..

If you are in a car and dont know which side the petrol tank is on all you have to do is look at he petrol pump diagram stamped onto every dashboard.

If the handle is pointing to the right then this is the side of the tank and vice versa.

Dont know if this has already been posted here but I cant really be arsed to check..

If you are in a car and dont know which side the petrol tank is on all you have to do is look at he petrol pump diagram stamped onto every dashboard.

If the handle is pointing to the right then this is the side of the tank and vice versa.

It's a myth matey, believe me, my icon points left, but fuel door is on the right.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/icon.asp

It's a myth matey, believe me, my icon points left, but fuel door is on the right.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/icon.asp

Thats strange, ive tested this on all kinds of cars here and abroad and everyone was correct.

Have you considered that your car may have been 2 a few years ago :)

The only football club that Steve Watson has played for in his career and not scored for, is Aston Villa.

I came all the way to off Topic from the on topic section and the thread where you mentioned this

I want those 12 seconds of my life back that you stole from me ..........

The only football club that Steve Watson has played for in his career and not scored for, is Aston Villa.

I came all the way to off Topic from the on topic section and the thread where you mentioned this

I want those 12 seconds of my life back that you stole from me ..........

:D

I did warn you it was in the useless information thread, what did you expect?!

Â