Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 4 weeks later...

I have here the 'Co-op Funeral Music Chart 2019', which is the top 10 pieces of music chosen at funerals, as reported by funeral directors and arrangers. Without looking it up, how many of the pieces can you guess?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have here the 'Co-op Funeral Music Chart 2019', which is the top 10 pieces of music chosen at funerals, as reported by funeral directors and arrangers. Without looking it up, how many of the pieces can you guess?

"Nimrod" from Enigma Variations - Elgar
"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - Palin/Idle
"Amazing Grace" - Traditional
"Meditation" from Thais - Massenet
"Adagio" - Barber
"Who Wants to Live Forever" - Queen
"Imagine" - Lennon
"Wonderful World" - as recorder by Louis Armstrong
"Pavanne" - Faure
"The Swan" - Saint-Saens

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In reverse order:

Bye Bye Bye - N Sync

Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

Staying Alive - Bee Gees

I Touch Myself - Divinyls

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Junior

Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash

U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer

Hurts So Good - John Mellencamp

Finally - Ce Ce Peniston

Rape Me - Nirvana

Wind Beneath My Wings and Angels will surely be on there. 

The best song I’ve ever heard at a funeral was at my Wife’s Nan’s funeral. Everything I Own by Bread. Still makes me cry now when I hear it. 

The two best tracks I've heard (genuinely) at funerals are The Kaiser Chiefs' "I Predict a Riot" and "Anarchy in the UK" by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure I can think of 10 and some have probably been mentioned already (Angels) but based on ones I’ve been to ,  I reckon these few could make the list 

Ave Maria - Schubert ( other cover versions available)

You’ll never walk alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

wind beneath my wings - Bette Midler

Time  to say goodbye - Sarah Brightman

I’d expect Mack the Knife and My Way to feature heavily due to the demographic of people that tend to die.

Abide With Me should be on there too I’d guess.

I’d quite like Fire, Crazy World of Arthur Brown to be on there, but it won’t be.

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d quite like Fire, Crazy World of Arthur Brown to be on there, but it won’t be.

That was my nomination in the “music for your funeral thread “ that is on the forum somewhere 

only really works for cremations though ...

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

That was my nomination in the “music for your funeral thread “ that is on the forum somewhere 

only really works for cremations though ...

Can be substituted for ‘Going Underground’ by The Jam.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'll give people until lunchtime to add ideas, before we see who's closest.

Oh as it’s a competition I’d better list a few more that others have already said

Ave Maria - Schubert ( other cover versions available)

You’ll never walk alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers

wind beneath my wings - Bette Midler

Time  to say goodbye - Sarah Brightman

Angels - Robbie williams

My Way - Frank Sinatra 

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - Palin/Idle 

Over the rainbow - Eva Cassidy 

cant actually think of any others  , I’d imagine there could be some random options like a popular song by current superstars like Adele  or the ginger bloke , but don’t know song titles of theirs 

• Like 1

You’ll never walk alone!

That’s the one I was trying to remember without googling in case googling came up with others! I’d written a whole description of it being a Liverpool song but was from a musical but I couldn’t remember the musical (still can’t). 

It’s yours now, but that’s really annoying.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You’ll never walk alone!

That’s the one I was trying to remember without googling in case googling came up with others! I’d written a whole description of it being a Liverpool song but was from a musical but I couldn’t remember the musical (still can’t). 

It’s yours now, but that’s really annoying.

You can have ones that others have suggested, it's okay (some of Tony's have been suggested by others before as well).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You’ll never walk alone!

Carousel  

ive never seen it but my Nan and mum were big on it so I know the song is in it ...

• Like 1

Â