Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd see it more as 3 at the back. Cash will certainly play as pretty much a winger and I'd expect Digne to also push right up the pitch. 

This. The back three will slide across to allow one fullback to slot in while the other one bombs forward. And they'll alternate. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Is this Unai’s first Derby? I can’t remember, regardless I’m sure he’s well up for it. 3 at the back looks interesting to me. UTV

Nah. Managed both games against them last season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I wonder, I wonder...if Konsa will move to whatever side Neto is playing on. 

Very tough player to stop but Ezri is the man to do it if anyone can.

So you could see Konsa moving to LB if Neto is on the right? No chance.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

This. The back three will slide across to allow one fullback to slot in while the other one bombs forward. And they'll alternate. 

Bit like the days under Brian Little. 5-3-2 playing the wing backs. 

• Like 1

That line up allows us to shift across if either cash or Digne are bombing on, with Pau dropping in at left back and Konsa doing the same the other side, assuming Carlos plays centrally. 

Feel for Xaniolo as he played well mid week

• Like 4

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Bit like the days under Brian Little. 5-3-2 playing the wing backs. 

Ugo Southgate and Barry back three when I started following the Villa. Love it! Shame that the middle of the two turned out to be such a nob though.

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

Alan Wright and Gary Charles (or Fernando Nelson). 

That’s it yes . I wasn’t keen when we signed Wright but he was tremendous for us. Think we signed him from Blackburn if I remember right. We got Charles from Derby who was decent too but a little slow. Forgot about Nelson , but he was another success . Southgate Ugo and McGrath at the back what a defensive line that was, with Bozzie in goal. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Ugo Southgate and Barry back three when I started following the Villa. Love it! Shame that the middle of the two turned out to be such a nob though.

Another memory I forgot playing Barry at the back and it worked well