Jareth

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just had a New Year’s message from one of my customers who is Liverpool fan I jokingly said that the title is between us and he laughed continuously saying we will not even finish in the top four. I pointed out that all we have to do is maintain the points average we have since the Don arrived and we will do so, and he still at his head off. Told him to **** off and blocked him. 🤣 up the **** Villa.

I’m doing the opposite with my mates… just posting little things that include Villa stats but not mentioning the Villa at all - only commenting on whether Liverpool or Arsenal or Spurs will win the title.  Will be all the sweeter when they get a shock in May 😀

• Like 3

We've been picking up loads of points in a tough (was it deemed the toughest out of the top ten teams?) and congested Xmas period.  I think we now get a settled and rested team back together and play much better.  Genuinely think we'll be in a title race until the last few games.  Man city and Liverpool will set the pace and imo we hold on to their coat tails all season 👍

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just had a New Year’s message from one of my customers who is Liverpool fan I jokingly said that the title is between us and he laughed continuously saying we will not even finish in the top four. I pointed out that all we have to do is maintain the points average we have since the Don arrived and we will do so, and he still at his head off. Told him to **** off and blocked him. 🤣 up the **** Villa.

Hopefully they'll crash and burn 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Still under the radar. This from a "fox sports" piece down here (dont bother reading it, but if you must: https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/Premier League-premier-league-202323-arsenal-lose-to-fulham-spurs-beat-bournemouth-results-highlights-reaction/news-story/7fbdef1d7a548c32c3a64e719a7c3a9d)

Both of them, eh? And in 4th place, you say? Ok, sure.

Their tiny brains can't comprehend seeing Villa in second so simply pretend its not happening 😆

If you believe that a title race is an ongoing thing throughout the season, in the same way that the relegation battle starts in August, then we are undeniably in a title race. Until I suppose we are 6 or 7 points adrift of the front runners. 

You can say that we are in a title race but we very very likely won't win it. 

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If you believe that a title race is an ongoing thing throughout the season, in the same way that the relegation battle starts in August, then we are undeniably in a title race. Until I suppose we are 6 or 7 points adrift of the front runners. 

You can say that we are in a title race but we very very likely won't win it. 

Although we've only got 18 games left and City have 19 games left, that's a long way to go yet at this stage of the season...

Screenshot_20231231_224608_Firefox.thumb.jpg.67567e172ca8030eccfae6cbe341f180.jpg

As nice as it is to be joint top on New Years Eve, I can’t see us or Liverpool hanging on. Once City get KDB and Haaland back, they’ll go into overdrive for the run in. They won 12 games in a row, from Feb last season. As good as we’ve been, we aren’t at that level.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

As nice as it is to be joint top on New Years Eve, I can’t see us or Liverpool hanging on. Once City get KDB and Haaland back, they’ll go into overdrive for the run in. They won 12 games in a row, from Feb last season. As good as we’ve been, we aren’t at that level.

Haaland played 15 PL games. The majority of the season. He played against us at Villa Park. He's not been missing. So him coming back doesn't mean anything. 
KDB potentially may never be the same player. Muscle injuries are hard to heal and he coming to the end of his prime years. Will he still have that explosiveness? It will take him time to back to his best aswell.

What if this City overdrive doesn't come? 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Haaland played 15 PL games. The majority of the season. He played against us at Villa Park. So him coming back doesn't mean anything. 
KDB potentially may never be the same player. Muscle injuries are hard to heal and he coming to the end of his prime years. Will he still have that explosiveness?

And he has 14 goals in those 15 games, so nearly a goal a game. I think it means plenty him coming back after a nice long rest.

Obviously we are probably not gonna win the league but the disrespect of all these pundits to straight up refuse to even discuss villa when asked about the title race is really pissing me off

Happened again on motd there. And all day on talksport. Just completely ignoring the team sitting joint first 

Even if I stopped supporting villa tomorrow I'd be dying for them to win it just to slap it up the media in this country

• Like 4

We are still in the title race with a 2.1 points per game average, because no other team are anywhere near the 2.3 to 2.6 PPG average winners of the past have achieved.

I do predict that the league winner would be the team that can increase their PPG. It could be us it could be somebody else, but our next 10 games are all "winnable" at least it gives us the hope we can go on a lenghty winning streak.

No matter what happens, it is so much better to be a title contender, than being in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Haaland played 15 PL games. The majority of the season. He played against us at Villa Park. He's not been missing. So him coming back doesn't mean anything. 
KDB potentially may never be the same player. Muscle injuries are hard to heal and he coming to the end of his prime years. Will he still have that explosiveness? It will take him time to back to his best aswell.

The Haaland-KDB combo has one played a half of prem football this season.

De Bruyne is imo of the best foreign players to ever play in England, just majestic to watch when he's 100% with his passing and incredible goals.

Basically Man. City just need Rodri winning the ball, getting it quickly to De Bruyne who'll look up and pass when Haaland is getting half a yard on last CB and that will be enough to win them majority of games left in the season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Still maintain/expect somewhere between 4th anf 6th is where we look most likely to finish which is good progress but IMO we'll come well short of winning the title.

For it to even be a remote possibility is remarkable.

One thing for sure is we've rattled a few fanbases and particularly in North London. They've had it their own way for a long time now and we're competing with them again which they don't like. Long may it continue. UTV!

I would be disappointed to not get a CL spot after such a great year. Obviously we wont't be anywhere near the title as you say, but 5th or even 4th at a push, is not impossible barring injuries to Watkins, Martinez or Luiz.

If any only those got a longterm injury, we will need to win the ECL to play in Europe at all again next season,  as we have absolutely no back up for them. Especially Ollie and Martinez. We would drop like a stone if we lost them.

Lets hope that doesnt happen and we can grab a top 5 place!

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

Everyone else is slipping up as well, we just need to keep up our PPG.

The worst possible outcome is that we drop away and Man City or Liverpool win the league with 79 points. 

If we end up with a point total in the 80s and get beaten by a side worth £1billion+, I'll be proud. 

• Like 1