Jareth

15 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

No. Arsenal will go top today if they win but don't play again until after we play Everton. Man City don't play again until the same weekend as Arsenal

ManC will play the same weekend as us, but if they and us both win, they will still be 2 points behind us with a game in hand.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think it depends which point progress is judged from. Given we finished 7th last season I would say finishing above that this season is progress. As you allude to though if we finished, say, 6th this season we'd drop off from our current position.

It wouldn’t be a drop off it would be a complete collapse and relegation form.  Imagine 6th is 60 points, then if we get relegation form of 1 point a game we will get 60 points from now given we have 42 points with 18 games left.  I doubt if we only get 18 points in the next 18 games that this season will be seen as progress because the first half will be forgotten and we have history with that as the season we beat Liverpool 7-2 we were flying until Xmas and then fell away second half and it wasn’t viewed as a good season by many.  Feelings tend to lend to towards recent form not sustained periods.

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It wouldn’t be a drop off it would be a complete collapse and relegation form.  Imagine 6th is 60 points, then if we get relegation form of 1 point a game we will get 60 points from now given we have 42 points with 18 games left.  I doubt if we only get 18 points in the next 18 games that this season will be seen as progress because the first half will be forgotten and we have history with that as the season we beat Liverpool 7-2 we were flying until Xmas and then fell away second half and it wasn’t viewed as a good season by many.  Feelings tend to lend to towards recent form not sustained periods.

Agreed - if judging from now it would seem as though we're not progressing but if we were judging season to season it would.

20 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We're joint top of the table 

Hence my question.

We'll be Joint 3rd *at worst* right up until pretty much the end of the Jan Window with a win at Everton. 

It still obviously is mental for us to consider winning the league. But I thought we'd *also* look out of contention after the Sheffield and Manchester United games

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Come on Bournemouth. 

Nevermind

• Like 1