Jareth

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This felt a bit like all those endless games we couldn't win last season to just get in the top half. Then we beat Chelsea, got into top 10 and kicked on from there.

This will be a good lesson tonight for the team mentality.

I wouldn't say there was pressure but there was expectation we'd comfortably win the game to go top and we didn't come close to seizing the opportunity.

Hopefully it's not the last chance we get in next few weeks but a useful reality check all the same as what's for certain is they'll be far more high pressure games than this in the next five months so we need to be ready for them.

I’d say we were pretty close to seizing the opportunity tbh.On another day we win that match comfortably.

it’s not like we lost 3-0….(anyone remember Wimbledon in 1990?) 😂

Edited by MarkLillis

2 hours ago, picicata said:

Liverpool dropped points at Luton is that unforgivable for them? Are they out of the race? It happens and you move on to the next game. 

I think Emery hoped to play in an energy conserving style, similar to how we've played in Europe, get the three points and have more umphh left for boxing day. We were three shit VAR calls away from it happening

Not really, Luton away is proving very difficult to go to and I can't see us getting anything from that based on last night's evidence.

I agree about getting totally ripped of my VAR. We should have won 4-1

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

10 points from Brentford away and City, Arsenal and Sheffield United home is still a very good return. Not the order I would've expected but we're keeping pace.

I think the majority of Villans would have taken 8 points from those beforehand. So to have an additional 2 definitely can be considered a bonus. 

Obviously it would have been good to look at but at least not being top at Christmas we'll dodge the obscene hype and expectations. It's already getting a bit mad, need to simmer it down a bit and just do our thing.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Draw is a good result, no? 

Yes, absolutely. 1 point for two of our title rivals is better than 3 points for one of them.

26 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think the majority of Villans would have taken 8 points from those beforehand. So to have an additional 2 definitely can be considered a bonus. 

It's a far cry from scraping around in the bottom 8 that's for sure.

• Like 1