Jareth

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If we are top at Christmas, always buy from a position of strength. 

So what will the management do in January? Do we go huge and try and push on and ignore FFP? 

Or just stay as we are?  

Doesn't matter who you are, new signings don't guarantee success and tinkering can upset the apple cart. 

If Emery thinks areas need addressing I'm sure will be done but one great thing about him is not going to bloat squad for sake of it

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

Villa won't be tinkering at all as it's not necessary.

One player to push for a starting place and another for strength within the matchday squad.

Thing is if Villa are top at Christmas and stay top four we'll be quite a favourable option for any prospective signings.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So what will the management do in January? Do we go huge and try and push on and ignore FFP? 

Or just stay as we are?  

konsa seemingly being our 1st choice RB now means that i'll be absolutely staggered if we're not in the market for a new RB in jan

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

konsa seemingly being our 1st choice RB now means that i'll be absolutely staggered if we're not in the market for a new RB in jan

Yeah I agree. It's definitely our weak point. A Moreno-esque signing at RB could really help reinforce our title charge.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have won 7 pts out of 9 in our last 3 away games so have addressed our away form while at the same time won against the top 2 in consecutive games. We have the best record vs others in the top 10. No club has won more games than us this season. We have one of the best goalscoring records in the division we have 87 points from the past 42 games which proves we arent running hot .we are playing 2 out of the bottom 3 in our next 2 home games..... Damn right we are in a title race. 

Stop it FFS 😱🕺

48 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Emery will be acutely aware of the 90/91 season when we signed Tony casacrino and immediately ended our title challenge.

I think about this every time people suggest adding in January as some sort of no-lose solution so I’m sure he’ll be exactly the same!

• Like 1

We have more PL points than Arsenal and Liverpool in the whole of 2023.
We are currently matching both Liverpool and Arsenal for points this season with near enough half the games played.
We have been better than Man City this season, and have gained more points than them with half the games played.

If we keep this up for the second half of the PL season, we are the new Premier League Champions!
We can win it!

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Or just stay as we are?  

Some decent players will be desperate to join us you suspect. Think it will be same as last January, we'll sign a Moreno type who should be able to slot into our first team after a few weeks adapting. Then a Duran type at perhaps RB. Probably a loan unless we move out some of Traore, Donk, Chambers so have more flexibility with wages.