Best modern American TV series?

ender4

Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?

• Heroes
    • Prison Break
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Lost
    • Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Smallville
    • Firefly
    • The West Wing
    • Other (please explain below)

Not a great list is it, doesn't have The Wire, the Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood etc.

I thought of adding The Sopranos, but thought it might count as comedy-drama?

haven't seen it, so just guessing. :?

Haven't heard of the others on your list, nor has anyone i know! :oops:

as for not a great list, maybe its an age thing? Everyone i know between 16-30 watch all the ones on my list, but i doubt they would have even heard of the ones you mentioned.

I'm 26. Dear god man, go out and watch something decent. I like Lost, Prison Break and the sarah connor chronicles but they don't compare in terms of writing and acting compared to the ones I mentioned. Look at the Wires and the sopranos rating on imdb.

From that list, I'll go for Lost. It can be truly fantastic sometimes.

I do have to agree with Mike, though, that Band of Brothers is probably the best piece of American television I've seen.

The only ones I've followed closely on that list are Lost and 24. Lost is decent but has become more of a soap opera in exotic environment. 24 on the other hand is superb. In the middle of the 4th season now and it's the best one so far closely followed by the first. Really like that serie. Full of action and speed from beginning to the end. But CTU must be te easiest organisation ever to infiltrate. :P

I've voted for LOST but I respect how long Smallville has gone on for even though I don't watch it. So it must be doing something right. I've also heard great things about The West Wing (the great irony of course being that playing the president pays better than being the president :)).

The Wire, by a street. Followed by Sopranos, Deadwood, Dexter and the Shield. None of which are on this poll. :shock: :? :angry:

Neither are Brotherhood, Band of Brothers, Madmen, Six Feet Under, House, Boomtown, etc, etc.

Forgetting the others, missing off the Wire and The Sopranos, arguably the best two shows to be on TV anywhere, ever, let alone US shows from the last 10 years is criminal IMO.

The West Wing is probably the best on the list. I wouldn't put Lost, Heroes, Prison Break or 24 anywhere near my top 10 to be honest. Mindless arse the lot of 'em.

Â