Best modern American TV series?

ender4

Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?

• Heroes
    • Prison Break
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Lost
    • Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Smallville
    • Firefly
    • The West Wing
    • Other (please explain below)

if prison break had ended after season 1 it would have been one of the best shows ever made, but no the broadcasters had to milk it for every penny. The current series is an absolute joke

Smallville, sarah connor and Battlestar Gallactica are woeful inclusions imho.

Battlestar Galactica - one of the most critically acclaimed series on TV, and one that most fans will agree is fantantic. 5% of the voters on here think its the best thing, and many more like me would put it 2nd or 3rd.

Smallville - Must be pretty good to get to Series 8 without any loss in audience, and a pretty good audience to begin with.

Sarah Connor - i agree a bit lame, but when it started it had potential to become great. as it turned out, it just became shit instead.

if prison break had ended after season 1 it would have been one of the best shows ever made, but no the broadcasters had to milk it for every penny. The current series is an absolute joke

very true.

as a one-off series, it would have been regarded as something so special.

kind of like series 2 of 24.

Battlestar Galactica - one of the most critically acclaimed series on TV, and one that most fans will agree is fantantic. 5% of the voters on here think its the best thing, and many more like me would put it 2nd or 3rd.

Smallville - Must be pretty good to get to Series 8 without any loss in audience, and a pretty good audience to begin with.

Sarah Connor - i agree a bit lame, but when it started it had potential to become great. as it turned out, it just became shit instead.

Bang on 8)

Battlestar Gallactica for me.

Lost should have won but it suffered horrendously by being a genius original storyline, stretched out over extra series to cash in. The whole concept of that cliffhanger suspense can only be maintained over a couple of series, it gets tiresome after more than that, as does the constant twists and turns in the storyline. A lesson that should have been learned with the X-Files.

I'm really enjoying Dexter at the moment too. Great background story and concept, interesting stories and characters and a heavy dose of humour. It's different but works well.

Battlestar galactica beats 24 for me purely for the fact it has so many more different story arcs and focuses on alot more characters

24 is a bit like Bond...a really good watch at its best but always a bit too far-fetched to be taken too seriously.

Whereas Battlestar Gallactica is just great sci-fi, done well and importantly closed off well.

Bang on 8)

Apologies, I got Battlestar Galactica and Stargate mixed up (My dad watches both). Can't say I've seen much of BG so I will take back my previous statement.

Smallville is shit though. Sorry but its just not very good. i don't care if it had 8 seasons. 2 pints of lager is on its 7th series or something ridiculous and its terrible.

Sarah Connor is distinctly average.

How is lost winning! :bang:

have you not been watching series 5?

definitely the best thing on TV currently, its the only program that i am waiting for the next episode wondering whats going to happen.

pop into the Lost thread, and see the reactions each week to the episodes.

just watched the final of House 5 now. What an amazing episode. This season has finished really strongly, its rare to yell COME ON SEASON 6 for a show, but goddammit I need House.

Total out of this world twist! Season 6 will be on in September

If you haven't already, watch the episode a 2nd time, it's amazing how different it all is once you know the twist.

Â