Best modern American TV series?

ender4

Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?

• Heroes
    • Prison Break
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Lost
    • Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Smallville
    • Firefly
    • The West Wing
    • Other (please explain below)

Comparing Band Of Brothers to that lot is like comparing Usain Bolt to the other "sprinters"

Agree with whoever said they would like to see a british take on it, that would be amazing..

Sopranos for me as well.

The episode of Paulie and Christopher stuck in the snow, after bunking a hit, is the finest hour(ish) of television I have ever witnessed

That is one of the funniest things I've seen on TV...ever.

Paulie: "The guy was an interior decorator!!"

Chris : "Huh? His house looked like shit!"

:)

First of all Lost is rubbish. It's television heroin, all the do is keep you hooked on shit.

Battlestar Galactica is the best TV series of all time. The topics it deals with, and how dark it is. Exceptional. Truly exceptional.

I would like to throw madmen into the mix, new series coming soon but really recommend seeing the first.

Big regret not seeing the first series of prison break and the wire as I have subsiquently missed all of the other since

Battlestar Galactica is the best TV series of all time. The topics it deals with,

Are you saying BG is relevant to modern day? I knew my f**kin' boss was a cylon.

Sopranos for me as well.

The episode of Paulie and Christopher stuck in the snow, after bunking a hit, is the finest hour(ish) of television I have ever witnessed

Ah, The Pine Barrens. Just brilliant. It's quote fest from start to finish. Here's two:

Tony: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!

Paulie Walnuts: Get the **** outta here.

Tony: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?

Paulie Walnuts:I hear you.

[hangs up]

Paulie Walnuts: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Chris: For all we know, he could be out there stalking us.

Paulie Walnuts : With what? His cock?

In an age where genius is over-used, it doesn't do justice to that episode.

EDIT: Stole my thunder there gizmo, although in quoting the full conversation, I think I come out on top :winkold:

Are you saying BG is relevant to modern day? I knew my f**kin' boss was a cylon.

Obviously not Brian but in Series 3 when people are doing suicide bomb attacks against the Cylon occupation of New Caprica, they are portrayed as the good guys as they're the humans. Very powerful justifying what "must be done" to get rid of the occupiers. The Cylons react with imprisonment of anyone suspected of involvement.

You won't have thought provoking stuff like that in the keep me hooked tripe of Lost or the considerably worse Prison Break.

The only ones I've followed closely on that list are Lost and 24. Lost is decent but has become more of a soap opera in exotic environment. 24 on the other hand is superb. In the middle of the 4th season now and it's the best one so far closely followed by the first. Really like that serie. Full of action and speed from beginning to the end. But CTU must be te easiest organisation ever to infiltrate. :P

Worst job ever? Security guard at CTU. Seriously, their life expectancy must be about 20 minutes.

Anyway, if you're only halfway through series 4, just wait until you see the first episode of series 5. It is probably the best episode of any show EVER!

:lol: Yeah, kind of like being a stormtrooper in Star Wars. You're their to stop bullets. :nod:

This thread tells me to get at least the first series of Sopranos. Never watched it but this isn't the first time that I've heard about how good it is. Band of brothers is another one I've heard so much about but never seen, but it's still very expensive to buy on DVD.

Shit - first episode of the last season of The Shield is up in torrent land.........shall I wait for it to air on Channel 5 or watch it now?

Decisions................

Â