Best modern American TV series?

ender4

Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?

• Heroes
    • Prison Break
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Lost
    • Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Smallville
    • Firefly
    • The West Wing
    • Other (please explain below)

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love The Wire and those who haven't seen it

I'm now on Season 2 episode one - I want to be in that bar where the container base guys dink! Its **** great! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Heroes is getting better & better in series 3.

Prison Break still going strong.

Smallville is still good, but has lost its charm in the current series.

24 needs to be better than the past 3 series to retain its superiority.

I've just finished Prison break, the first season and it was very good. Have to see the others too, but my friend has warned me off from that. Says the the 3rd season is laughable and the 2nd just bad. And I can imagine where he's coming from. They should've ended it in the first one, I feel. But still have to see it. :?

West Wing got my vote.. It's the sort of program I'm able to watch over and over, and not get bored of. The character development is, for me, top notch. And I like TV that makes you think.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but Californication is fast becoming my new favourite. Actually, can the Mods on here change my name to HankMoody please? :)

Huff was excellent, but got cancelled for some inexplicable reason.

Dexter is brilliant, but I can't see how much longer it can go on.. I think Season 3 could be the final season.

Prison Break season 1 was well the best, I still watch it religiously, but it's gone downhill.

Only other one I would watch, and do have the DVDs of is Heroes and a bit of Lost.

My bro loves 24 though..

I've just finished Prison break, the first season and it was very good. Have to see the others too, but my friend has warned me off from that. Says the the 3rd season is laughable and the 2nd just bad. And I can imagine where he's coming from. They should've ended it in the first one, I feel. But still have to see it. :?

Prison Break S1 was the best, but Series 2 is very good as well (though not technically 'prison break', quite different to S1).

Series 3 is very good as well, ok a few laughable moments, but overall still very good, and definitely worth watching.

Prison Break S1 was the best, but Series 2 is very good as well (though not technically 'prison break', quite different to S1).

Series 3 is very good as well, ok a few laughable moments, but overall still very good, and definitely worth watching.

Hm, as said, really want to know how it ends so I'll probably watch it sometime. Don't know if to buy it or borrow it, though. They'll release all the 3 first series on a DVD-box in december to a reasonable price and I consider buying it.

OK.........if you're a fan of The Shield I insist you look out for Season 7 to be aired over here.

To say its high octane, edge-of-your-seat Tv is just not doing it justice. You wont BELIEVE the tension.

No spoilers, but in episode 12 Vic "confesses" all his past exploits........fantastic acting, brilliant series. I'll be sorry when it ends

• 5 months later...

Bumped this one as a heads up to anyone who likes Hugh Laurie in "House"

Just watched the season finale (US timeframe)........fantastic stuff.

Cant understand why it hasnt aired over here yet (if it has somebody let me know)

Cant understand why it hasnt aired over here yet (if it has somebody let me know)

Really House isn't on over there? I find that really surprising as it's one of the highest rated shows on US telly.

Really House isn't on over there? I find that really surprising as it's one of the highest rated shows on US telly.

Maybe he meant the finale , because I know for a fact that House used to be on channel 5 in the UK

Â