The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Don_Simon

I had an email offering me the chance tomorrow so can't be going well.  I guess the word has to get round for it to be profitable.

I will stick to Shanahans free cheeseburger with a pint they won't beat that!  Might be a walk to the ground but it's good to work off the beer 😜 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chappy said:

I hope this falls flat on its arse.

Really? This is the club trying to compete against the sky 6. I can agree not liking it but wishing it to fall flat on it's face? 

Odd. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? This is the club trying to compete against the sky 6. I can agree not liking it but wishing it to fall flat on it's face? 

Odd. 

Not sure some of the fanbase are ready for growth.  They must think we can carry on like we were before but still challenge the top 6. In terms of revenue we are not a big club, that needs to change and the fans must do their part along with the owners. If fans are not prepared to take on board certain things to increase revenue then Aston Villa will always be known as a club that can only be taken so far and has limited potential. Basically become a club making up the numbers or down bottom half which has been a regular occurrence in recent times.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Odd. 

Did it need to be in the Holte End and replacing a season ticket benefit that we’d already paid for? Many ways to compete off the field, I’m not having that alienating fans like this is one of them. 

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure some of the fanbase are ready for growth. 

Ahh the old better fan argument, nice one.

Is today the first time the Lower Grounds will be open?

I’d love to hear a review from someone who will have gone.

How many free drinks do you get?

What were the food options?

What was the seating? Enough seating for everyone to sit and eat?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chappy said:

Did it need to be in the Holte End and replacing a season ticket benefit that we’d already paid for? Many ways to compete off the field, I’m not having that alienating fans like this is one of them. 

Ahh the old better fan argument, nice one.

Better fan? I have no intention of using the lower grounds or terrace view, but I get why the club need to do what they are doing regarding ticket prices and the extras that are now part of the match day experience. I want us to succeed under Emery and the new owners and this is one way of trying to bring in more income. Unfortunately that’s premier league football nowadays. We’ve been very lucky with our prices over the years and even now compared to a lot of the clubs in the league we are still reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Is today the first time the Lower Grounds will be open?

I’d love to hear a review from someone who will have gone.

How many free drinks do you get?

What were the food options?

What was the seating? Enough seating for everyone to sit and eat?

Indeed, some photos would be amazing!

• Like 1

Trying to make more money from every single bit of the stadium.

I get it FFP, but when people had it free for years they all won't suddenly go dropping £45-60 every game extra if money is tight. That's why they want rid of people like me. They want lots of 1 game hospitality day trippers or loaded people who can pay every week. 

Thing is to get day trippers they need actual success for the offer to be sustained. We haven't actually won anything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

6th most expensive according to one thing I read in the paper

There’s some misinformation online about Villa tickets . A few sites saying our cheapest adult ticket is over£40 which is not true. Cheapest ticket at Villa is £30 for some games. Anyway I’ve had a quick count up and we are ….

11th most expensive season ticket 

5th most expensive for cheapest season ticket 

5th most expensive match day ticket 

11th cheapest match day ticket 

compare that to being one of the cheapest teams in the league to follow not long ago and it’s a big jump I know. Im a firm believer in growth and I support the ticket prices(I’m paying them myself)  for where we are trying to go as a club . In an ideal world we could have follow the German model but that doesn’t cut it in the prem unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

5th most expensive for cheapest season ticket 

Yeah that was the one they used.

On the lower grounds thing, I suspect that it was planned some time ago and they used an excuse about a water leak or whatever it was to kind of hide it. It doesn't seem like a spur of the minute thing "Ooh look, there's a water leak, why don't we turn the Holte Suite into another corporate style add-on" seems very unlikely. 

Â