Midweek Football 18/21 September

andykeenan

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Zero shots on target. Not a great night for Newcastle. 

It was a great night. They got a point away from home against tough opposition. How they played or how boring the match was doesn't really matter in the long run.

54 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

There goes Haaland, missing another sitter.

Just doesn't provide anything when he isn't finishing.

If City are serious about competing they really need an upgrade on Haaland in January. Maybe cheeky bid for Watkins

• Haha 2

I think GlobalVillian or someone else mentioned it before last season but bemuses me people who spend their time watching Man. City play group stage games in CL (and even knockout ties). You know they're going to win comfortably so I just don't see where the entertainment or jeopardy is (unless people are just commentating on goal clips or brief highlights).

For a neutral 90% of their games are just really really boring. At least with Liverpool or Arsenal they will have a dodgy 10-15 minute spell in a game and implode defensively.

I'd rather watch a chaotic championship game than Man. City. And yes that includes SHA.

Perhaps it's those who still can't get over Grealish leaving but isn't he injured currently?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If City are serious about competing they really need an upgrade on Haaland in January. Maybe cheeky bid for Watkins

Straight player swap 🤣

Edited by calcifer

Just now, Genie said:

An absolute gift, deflected shot arrived at him 1 yard out with an open goal.

When you’re on a roll you’re on a roll.

But he had to be in the right place to score it.  Even though he's a nose, he's one hell of a player.

Â