Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

7 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Regardless of whether any of this ever goes to trial you can still have your own opinion on whether you believe all these woman are being truthful in their stories about his past behaviour or are all lying anonymously to the media. 

It seems to me that if he is proven not guilty people will still think he did it because they don't like him and his political views. 

But whatever floats their boat 

How comes he hasnt been arrested yet? 

• Like 1

I think it's important to note that nobody is "proven" not guilty, They're found not guilty if they can't be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. I don't think it's unreasonable for individuals to have a lower standard of proof for considering someone a wrong un than that required to criminally convict them.

They couldn't pin anything on Spacey, but I wouldn't leave him alone with young boys.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems to me that if he is proven not guilty people will still think he did it because they don't like him and his political views. 

You seem to choose to ignore an awful lot. There's multiple examples of people who clearly did bad things not being arrested. 

But because you like Brand you've now decided to take this stance. 

Whatever floats your boat. 

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Bad connection on my phone here so been a struggle to read the last few pages. Can always guarantee someone who defended Tate is now unwilling to condemn Brand another set of posts telling us we all misstreat women. 

Will it go to court, I would look at Ched Evans and how he won his rape case appeal, and if I was a woman I would have no confidence in the courts. 

How many that get reported to police result in a conviction? Have a guess, 60%? 30?  No, less than 1%

This is the real crux of the matter. If Greenwood can't be convicted when there is photo and video evidence, what chance to these women have against Brand (and others). Really the only option is speaking to a journalist and allowing them to establish a pattern. The police won't act

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems the women have been too scared to press charges. 

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You seem to choose to ignore an awful lot. There's multiple examples of people who clearly did bad things not being arrested. 

He must have me on ignore because I’ve said the same thing over and over again, as well as asked the same question 3 times 

59 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Some people just want a argument. Where have i said i like brand? Show me? Waffling stop making stuff up

No wonder why alot of people dont bother with the off topic section of this site you cant have a neutral opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's important to note that nobody is "proven" not guilty, They're found not guilty if they can't be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. I don't think it's unreasonable for individuals to have a lower standard of proof for considering someone a wrong un than that required to criminally convict them.

They couldn't pin anything on Spacey, but I wouldn't leave him alone with young boys.

I agree with that but then they still haven't been convicted so we cant set them on fire either =]

I cant remember who said it a few pages back but the law system really is **** up.

I mean how do you prove something that happened so long ago?

I've always deeply disliked Brand for his pseudointellectual bollocks, and his enormous ego. He is what stupid people think clever looks like. Then he positioned himself as a kind of political outsider who'll 'tell you truths THEY don't want you to know'. He's an idiot who got smoke blown up his own arse so hard he thinks he's a dragon. 

I don't know if he is guilty of these allegations, and I wouldn't pretend to, but the fact that one of the women went to a rape crisis centre the day after the incident, rather than after a period of contemplation looks very very bad to me.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They should come forward and press charges as now its come out if they want him to be justice

And if they don’t because they’re scared of the backlash? Especially considering how many people are supporting Brand? 

Mason Greenwood had no charges pressed against him despite photo and audio evidence of his behaviour. Did he do nothing wrong? As nobody pressed charges?

@Demitri_C I actually kind of agree with you, it looks really bad for Brand and I have no doubt that he is a bastard and I am not for a second saying he is innocent...BUT, all of these accounts can be easily swatted away if you are part of Brands cult.

Girl 1 - she shags a celebrity, next day goes to a rape crises centre - it was entirely consensual and she was planning to sell her story/blackmail Brand, why didn't she push forward with this plan of extortion? who knows

Girl 2 - he shoved his penis in her mouth until she was gagging and then said "I only wanted to see your mascara running" the damning evidence is that this is also a joke in his stand up show, the bastard is actually writing jokes about his abuse....or the girl was approached by Dispatches and she tailored her story to this joke to give it more credence

The Girls accounts can't be taken seriously because they didn't come forward with this, they were approached by Dispatches, they never had any problem going about their lives up until they were told that they would be on telly (ignoring the fact that they have remained anonymous), they are just after their 5 minutes of fame.

Again, I don't believe the above and I'm just playing devils advocate to the Reddit weirdo's, but what Demitri is saying is that there is no conclusive evidence to show that he has done these things, and that is the problem, even if it went to trial and he was found guilty, people would still be able to defend him due to lack of evidence (unless anything more came out that 100% showed him to be the bastard he appears to be)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â