Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

i assume we will look to make Villa Park our fortress this season carrying over last seasons form there....just beat the lower teams there and will finish quite strongly, we havent got the depth to cope with key players missing in some core positions and for whatever reason we cant seem to have luck with injuries

We are way off it today. You cannot go to Anfield and out in a half-hearted effort. Watkins was disgraceful for their second. He just stood and did nothing to stop TAA picking out a pass. So casual when the ball reaches him too. 

Bailey came on and looked like Bambi on ice first touch. 

Kamara playing slack passes but was unlucky to be booked when Nunez pretty much did the same to Konsa a minute earlier. 

Liverpool just want it more and are playing at a much higher tempo. 

Unai has a lot of work to do at half time. But, stay in it and who knows? 

Man, this Liverpool side. It’s not pretty and  there’s nothing that makes me think ‘wow’ in terms of the football they play but they’re just a nightmare to play against. Just **** relentless, eating up all the space and not giving us a inch. Strangling us to death. 

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:
2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I"m sorry but Pau's been terrible. As much as I want to love him, I have to say it as it is.

agreed early days but was expecting alot more from him

His passing is generally superb but his defending and physicality is weak at the moment.