January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 hours ago, striker said:

Yeah forgot about him as he’s on loan. Actually posted that Villa should go in for him on loan at the time but was slated for it on here.😂

However, he would be the only one from Man U I’d take but of course he comes with a multitude of baggage!

I would rather burn my kids at the stake than have Villa sign a predator like Greenwood.  (OK maybe I wouldn't actually burn my kids at the stake that might be considered a bit OTT).  But I would certainly refuse to have anything to do with Villa until he and everyone who was involved in signing him had been thrown out of the club with no hope of ever finding another career in football.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allani said:

I would rather burn my kids at the stake than have Villa sign a predator like Greenwood.  (OK maybe I wouldn't actually burn my kids at the stake that might be considered a bit OTT).  But I would certainly refuse to have anything to do with Villa until he and everyone who was involved in signing him had been thrown out of the club with no hope of ever finding another career in football.

If you burned your kids you'd be the bigger predator, my dude.

I would not want Greenwood at all (would be bad juju), but the question was who from MU would improve our team - I absolutely think he would. 

So (almost) 3 signings with huge potential sewed up to hopefully add depth to three problem positions for less than the cost of around £16mill before add ons … Another great transfer window  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Carlos Alcaraz at Southampton is off on loan to Juventus with a £35m option to buy in the summer. Looks a very good young talent.

That’s the sort of deal I would have liked us to do in this window.

He looked very raw last season. Admittedly I haven't seen him this season.

So Gauci and Rogers probably signing today. Would be amazed if we got another player in but this gauci deal seems to have come out of nowhere.

I wonder if we will see anyone go out. Chambers, Hause, Olsen? Can't see traore getting a move. Probably more likely working on signing a precontract to some other european team on a free in the summer. 

Atleast it looks like something will happen to keep our minds off last night a bit...

9 hours ago, allani said:

I would rather burn my kids at the stake than have Villa sign a predator like Greenwood.

Haha, yesterday we had I'd rather have sex with Thatcher's corpse than sign anyone from United. This competes.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

If you burned your kids you'd be the bigger predator, my dude.

I would not want Greenwood at all (would be bad juju), but the question was who from MU would improve our team - I absolutely think he would. 

Yeah it is a pretty important and massive IF though!!! 😉  You can't separate the question from the person.  It's a bit like saying that if you wanted to meet some influential people in the USA then the best people to arrange a meeting with would have been Epstein and Maxwell.  Whether it is true or not doesn't matter.  Without a single doubt I would rather Villa get relegated to non-league football than sign Greenwood.

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Carlos Alcaraz at Southampton is off on loan to Juventus with a £35m option to buy in the summer. Looks a very good young talent.

That’s the sort of deal I would have liked us to do in this window.

Carlos Alcaraz? Did he pack in the day job after exiting the Australian Open and take up football?

Is Olsen now available? Alongside Berty, Chambers… and Hause… maybe we can get offload one or two of them before the deadline…

In future/summer -

Sanson to Nice

Coutinho…

Digne?

Cash?

Carlos?

Best way for us to raise funds rather than consider selling anyone important…

Who knows what will happen to Duran too…

Hopefully Rogers can make an impact… maybe Kesler can too…

Gauci to come in now or stay out on loan?

Nedeljkovic to arrive next season… highly rated youngster…

Good that we’re looking to the future too and signing potential… squad is shaping up well, just need to get players fit and firing asap… then we’ll have decent options.

Plenty of games to go, more to come from these players…