January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

If we don't sign another midfielder it's a big show of faith in Iroegbunam. We effectively only have Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans and McGinn as other midfielders and the latter 2 are needed elsewhere. If Chambers doesn't leave I suppose he could be used at DM at a push as he was occasionally last season.

We no longer have to put up with talk of teams taking out star players. I never thought the drama in the transfer window would transition into  our developmental prospects being linked away.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We no longer have to put up with talk of teams taking out star players. I never thought the drama in the transfer window would transition into  our developmental prospects being linked away.

Welcome to stupid ffp regs

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Welcome to stupid ffp regs

There’s nothing stupid about FFP thank you. 

Without it Man City, Newcastle and PSG would own every player on the planet. 

It’s the only thing making football in any way ‘competitive’, and even that is holding on by a thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Aren’t we only bringing in players to IMPROVE on our starting XI now is Rogers an improvement on Ramsey or even Zaniolo i would be silly to say he is 

Maybe Emery thinks he is would be, that’s what I’m taking from Emery/Monchi wanting him.

Crysencio Summerville is a much better option from the championship, he's the type of player Liverpool would sign and turn into monsters like they have done recently with Jota or Mane 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Maybe Emery thinks he is would be, that’s what I’m taking from Emery/Monchi wanting him.

Mmm possibly but would he really think hes a upgrade on Ramsey.. time will tell

Just now, RicRic said:

Mmm possibly but would he really think hes a upgrade on Ramsey.. time will tell

Don’t know, maybe he intends to play him with JJ with Rogers playing as the No.10.  Just guessing!

Emery hasn't said we will only sign players to improve the starting eleven, that's just something that fans say, but isn't realistic for any club, all clubs sign players for the squad.

Emery said we only want to sign players that will improve the squad, not the starting eleven

But he also said we could sign a couplle of players that aren't relevant to the squad yet, in other words project players, so this idea that we would only be signing players good enough to come straight into the first team isn't true

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Without it Man City, Newcastle and PSG would own every player on the planet. 

I agree with you on FFP, but this bit is madness. Of course they wouldn’t!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery hasn't said we will only sign players to improve the starting eleven, that's just something that fans say, but isn't realistic for any club, all clubs sign players for the squad.

Emery said we only want to sign players that will improve the squad, not the starting eleven

But he also said we could sign a couplle of players that aren't relevant to the squad yet, in other words project players, so this idea that we would only be signing players good enough to come straight into the first team isn't true

im pretty sure Emery said they only want players if they improve the "squad/team".

not the starting 11 necessarily?

Bit of a difference between "only buying players that improve our starting 11", and "only buying players that improve our squad".

Watching Unai speak now… repeating the same points really -

“difficult transfer period”

“takes time”

“we are analysing”

looking for improvements, want players that are “relevant in terms of improving the squad… not easy…”

was a priority to let some players leave, we’ve done it and are doing it…

I get the impression that he/we are or want to keep our cards close to our chest…

”we are analysing deeply”…

“not clear if we are going to get someone if we are not really believing is going to increase our level”

From appearance or body language, it’s almost like he’d prefer not to be asked, imo anyway… and that’s understandable..

Again, nothing has been ruled out…

On Duran -

“now he is injured, I am happy with him…” 🤔

Dendoncker departure confirmed

(also by the footage of him at Napoli that has been shared online).

Edited by Jas10

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Okay that changes alot now how much would rogers push ramsey each week maybe he gets straight in on JJ current form lol but no chance when he is on fire

Doesn’t look like we’ll be signing another RB, hopefully Kesler can impress. Nedeljkovic to come in and stake a claim next season.

I would just be happy with a midfield addition for now… it’s what we need most.

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Doesn’t look like we’ll be signing another RB, hopefully Kesler can impress. Nedeljkovic to come in and stake a claim next season.

I would just be happy with a midfield addition for now… it’s what we need most.

I'm absolutely fine with that and looking forward to see Kesler try to stake a claim in the starting eleven. Hugely talented and he'll have things to prove imo.

I do agree with you though that I think we could use with trying to further strengthen in the middle of the pitch. I would want us to sign someone to fight it out for Kamara's position although that would be some serious competition as Kamara is easily one of our best players atm.

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'm absolutely fine with that and looking forward to see Kesler try to stake a claim in the starting eleven. Hugely talented and he'll have things to prove imo.

I do agree with you though that I think we could use with trying to further strengthen in the middle of the pitch. I would want us to sign someone to fight it out for Kamara's position although that would be some serious competition as Kamara is easily one of our best players atm.

Just someone (even on loan) who’s more effective for us than Donk and can provide good cover would be useful/beneficial and allow us to rest some players at times, rotate and allow them to play in best positions - mainly McGinn and Luiz. And not cause us to miss Kamara so dearly when he’s not available.

Such a player would get more time and opportunities than Leander did because he simply wasn’t up to the required standard and didn’t impress when he was afforded opportunities… 

Big chance for Kesler now… has to show something and impress (would be a big help to us) or Nedeljkovic will be taking over next season…

• Like 2