January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 19/01/2024 at 12:58, Villa_Vids said:

So that's ESR & Phillips they want on loan, who nest Januzaj? :D

23 hours ago, Pinebro said:

If Mings and Buendia returned before schedule that would be like new signings 

Yes 100%, but it's not looking very likely either will be back any time soon, unless I've missed something. 

20 hours ago, thabucks said:

Birmingham is a massive shit hole and once second city is now no longer. Also Aston is an even bigger one … And brummies bless them so nothing but whine and moan. Give me LDN 9 times out 10 over Birmingham - yeah I said it ! The cultural hotspot of brum is a library which don’t many visit and the bull ring. 

I think it still is.

Given the the talk of Coventry, London, Glasgow and Dublin, I guess it's all quiet on the transfer front then.... ;)

• Like 1

ESR is the new Jack Wiltshire. Got some quality, but spends more time injured.

An we have to remember, we are a Arsenal rival now, competition for them, so he would only be sold to us if he's shit.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

We are not in an FFP position to even be discussing the likes of Eze or Olise.

Probably a controversial view but I'd trade Ramsey for Eze, both will probably go for a similar price in near future.

Buendia only has two years left on his deal so have to see how he looks coming back from injury but he's another the club will probably be open to bids given how serious the injury was.

we really need to get Chambers and Traore off the books asap.

125/130k off the wages per week would prob help.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Probably a controversial view but I'd trade Ramsey for Eze, both will probably go for a similar price in near future.

Whilst I agree with you regards the trade, I don't think Ramsey would go for more than 35mil or so and Eze would be double that.

• Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What does that even mean?  Can I be the Erdington Haaland then? 😂

Just how he was referred to by Arsenal fans when he broke into the first team. He is from Thornton Heath which is in Croydon. You can be who the f*** you want to be.

Edited by smg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, smg said:

Just how he was referred to by Arsenal fans when he broke into the first team. He is from Thornton Heath which is in Croydon. You can be who the f*** you want to be.

I want to be Ryan Reynolds…rich, good looking and Blake Lively as the missus.  When can you make this happen?

Whilst I agree with you regards the trade, I don't think Ramsey would go for more than 35mil or so and Eze would be double that.

Ramsey at his best is easily worth double that

Palmer went for 40 million and Ramsey has done a lot more at Premier League level

23 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Ramsey at his best is easily worth double that

Easily worth 70mil? Ramsey? I think that's madness. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Palmer went for 40 million and Ramsey has done a lot more at Premier League level

Palmer went to Chelsea who are a basket case. Hence why they paid us 20mil for Chukwhatever.

EDIT: Just checked Transfermarkt and Ramsey's current value is listed as 36mil so I could barely have been closer.

Fans have a tendency to overhype and overinflate players values. Rating Ramsey at "easily double" his actual value is a prime example of that.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Easily worth 70mil? Ramsey? I think that's madness. 

Yep. We wouldn't want to sell him so it would take a good offer. He's home-grown too which adds a premium.

Mount was what? £60M? With 1 year left on his contract 

• Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

Yep. We wouldn't want to sell him so it would take a good offer. He's home-grown too which adds a premium.

Mount was what? £60M? With 1 year left on his contract 

Mount is a full England international. Not remotely comparable.

As I say, Transfermarkt say Ramsey is worth 36mil and I would say that is about bang on. (Obviously he is worth whatever we say but I am talking about market value)

8 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Mount is a full England international. Not remotely comparable.

As I say, Transfermarkt say Ramsey is worth 36mil and I would say that is about bang on. (Obviously he is worth whatever we say but I am talking about market value)

You said Ramsey would "go for" £35M though so I disagree. I'd be very disappointed if the club sold for that.

And while I don't particularly like Transfermarkt valuations they only value Eze at £41M too so not much more than Ramsey.

I must admit, I wasn't really expecting anything in this month - looks like we might have three next week though if rumours are to be believed - all young, all promising, all likely to be on reasonable wages - if we can move a couple of the higher earners that don't play on, then this could be a really good window.

• Like 2