January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

8 hours ago, striker said:

Both are too similar and lack creativity.

Gotta be trolling surely. Not similar at all. Never heard anyone say Luiz lacks creativity. Kamara is a holding midfielder so I'm not sure he's being judged on his creativity, but still has a better passing range than any Everton midfielder. 

Don't know why you focus on replacing our best players, you should be focusing on weaker players in the first 11 like Cash or players getting older that need replacing with a younger player like Digne/Moreno. Not our starting CM pair who are vital to the team and have their best years ahead of them. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely it's selling Ramsey that wound make sense if its FFP we are worried about?

Obviously i dont want us to sell him.

If we have to sell someone for big money I'd choose him over Luiz or Kamara, although I wouldn't want to sell.

Not sure how much we'd get though, if he'd got a senior England cap last summer which he should have done we would probably have stupid offers coming in from City and the like. I think we'd still get around £60-70m for him given his age and potential and contract length, although his form has been poor this season so I dunno.

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely it's selling Ramsey that wound make sense if its FFP we are worried about?

Wouldn't Champions League qualification offsetting us need to sell any of our top players?

Any of the talk in here of JJ or McGinn being sold etc would be gutting FFS 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wouldn't Champions League qualification offsetting us need to sell any of our top players?

Any of the talk in here of JJ or McGinn being sold etc would be gutting FFS 

It would offset it, sure. But then how do you push to next level of being competitive in that competition? 

Some sales will have to be made to get better, as much as I'd hate for it to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It would offset it, sure. But then how do you push to next level of being competitive in that competition? 

Some sales will have to be made to get better, as much as I'd hate for it to happen. 

Some players will have to be moved-on but for me we should start with Chambers, Traore, Hause & Dendoncker. Plus we have Coutinho & Sanson out on loan - not sure what this means for our wage bill but if there are savings we need to make them. Given we achieve CL qualification getting rid of that six would surely be sufficient to allow quality squad additions without further sales. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tayls said:

As this will be the 39th transfer window where we do not sign Smith-Rowe, will people then accept that we just aren’t going to sign him? And quite frankly, rightly so. 

So are you telling me, we aren't going for JWP, Benrahma, Rashica or Tammy and Phillips either? ;)

Edited by John
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John said:

So are you telling me, we aren't going for JWP, Benrahma, Rashica or Tammy either? ;)

Tayls will speak for himself (her?) but I certainly hope so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

McGin might also be a bit of low hanging FFP boosting fruit, why sell Ramsey when he'll hold his value for a few years.

Ramsey will fill a space in our Uefa squad that meets the home grown criteria. If we sell him,  we don't get anyone extra that we can replace him with, we just lose a player from our squad for Uefa games.

Not just his future value, but for the above reason alone it would be madness to sell him now he's proven himself in the PL.

McGinn, Luiz, Watkins, and anyone else that has been with us for a long time would basically be all profit for FFP purposes,  but I don't condone selling them either.

Really, only if we need to sell to grow the squad would I say yes to selling a first teamer. Hopefully between losing the salaries of Chambers, Donk, Coutinho and Traore, and the boost from expected CL, we don't need to 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Really, only if we need to sell to grow the squad would I say yes to selling a first teamer. Hopefully between losing the salaries of Chambers, Donk, Coutinho and Traore, and the boost from expected CL, we don't need to 

Sanson too hopefully...

Five players to go; potentially quite a hefty salary off the books in total.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ramsey will fill a space in our Uefa squad that meets the home grown criteria. If we sell him,  we don't get anyone extra that we can replace him with, we just lose a player from our squad for Uefa games.

Not just his future value, but for the above reason alone it would be madness to sell him now he's proven himself in the PL.

McGinn, Luiz, Watkins, and anyone else that has been with us for a long time would basically be all profit for FFP purposes,  but I don't condone selling them either.

Again, not suggesting we sell either, just asking if Ramsey would not be the most beneficial sale in regards to FFP. Depending on price of course.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think this is why we really need to make the Champions League this season. When people say they'll be happy with 6th I can't understand it. Even 5th might not get it so top 4 really has to be our objective.

If we are playing Europa League next season then I reckon we will have to make a big sale in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sanson too hopefully...

Five players to go; potentially quite a hefty salary off the books in total.

You can only sell players if there is a willing buyer, and to take on those full wages.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Again, not suggesting we sell either, just asking if Ramsey would not be the most beneficial sale in regards to FFP. Depending on price of course.

McGinn...for example. Signed for about 2m on a 4 year deal. His Net book value loses 500k per year.

2 years down (2020) the line he signs a new 5 year contract, so at that point his nbv is 1m and loses 200k per year.

3 years after that (2023), another 4 year contact, at which point bid nbv his 400k  and now loses 100k per year.

so his nbv at this point is about 300k. If we sell him for over 40m as would be likely, it's negligible.

Luiz has a NBV of about 1.8m at the moment,  so higher than mcginn, but he'd sell for much more so would largely be insignificant in terms of our FFP position.

Ultimately,  as I said, would rather not sell any first teamer at the current stage we are. They nearly all have their prime years ahead of them, so we want to keep them for at least some of those.

Edited by MrBlack

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You forget that this is a cheeky bid. Normal bids see clubs bound by FFP rules and regs but cheeky bids, they’re a lot different you see. 

Your best work in a while