January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can imagine him going the same direction as Doku. RB is where City will spend big this summer. If they can get him for a bargain transfer fee they'll be able to throw all kinds of wages at him.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Can imagine him going the same direction as Doku. RB is where City will spend big this summer. If they can get him for a bargain transfer fee they'll be able to throw all kinds of wages at him.

Nah, he'll come to champions instead ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

He is also an ex City player. Also would show Pep true genius by releasing a player and paying a lot more money to bring him back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am praying that if we are going for another winger, we go for Antonio Nusa from Brugge. 18 year old Norwegian. In no doubt, the next big one from our country! He has been the standout player for the national team in the last matches, is playing regular for Brugge and is really developing into something special. He made his debut in the Norwegian top division at only 16 years old and started scoring from his third game. He played and scored in the Champions League at 17 years old. The kid is something else!

• Like 4

How about Serhou Guirassy from Stuttgart? 17 goals and 1 assist in 14 games. £15 million release clause and of course all the big boys are after him. Mainly a striker but has played some left wing according to Transfermarkt.

22 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's on wages as high as our highest paid player. Ludicrous idea for first team cover. Donk is on about 100k less per week

Not ludicrous at all if you consider City may well pay part of his wages plus he is certainly good enough to push Luiz and Kamara out of the team or certainly give those players a rest.

12 minutes ago, K-Carlsen said:

I am praying that if we are going for another winger, we go for Antonio Nusa from Brugge. 18 year old Norwegian. In no doubt, the next big one from our country! He has been the standout player for the national team in the last matches, is playing regular for Brugge and is really developing into something special. He made his debut in the Norwegian top division at only 16 years old and started scoring from his third game. He played and scored in the Champions League at 17 years old. The kid is something else!

My football manager save likes this 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, striker said:
22 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's on wages as high as our highest paid player. Ludicrous idea for first team cover. Donk is on about 100k less per week

Not ludicrous at all if you consider City may well pay part of his wages plus he is certainly good enough to push Luiz and Kamara out of the team or certainly give those players a rest.

Yep it is a ludicrous idea!

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Yup if you want to keep thinking small!

I was thinking the same thing of your idea.

I don’t think he would compete with Kamara, we need better quality to compete with Kamara rather than an overpaid bench warmer.  

Yes he might be slightly better than Donk, he’s not enough of a step up to make his high wages worth it even if partially paid for by City.  

Why would City partially pay to come to us, a Top4 team, they would only do if we paid 100% of his wages.  They aren’t going to aid us.

it just a poor idea for so many reasons, just glad it’s very unlikely Emery/Monchi would go for him.

It small time and clubs that have massive injury issues and overpay or desperate teams that do deals like this.  Hopefully we are way past that and are looking for quality to add real competition to the squad

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I like Tierney at Arsenal. Slot in perfectly at RB or LB but currently on loan.

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, striker said:

I like Tierney at Arsenal. Slot in perfectly at RB.

Thought Tierney was a left back (and think he’s out on loan somewhere in Spain for the season) ?